Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for a new pipe, possibly MotoGP style, with great VERY LOUD sound, and for a slipper clutch for my Tornado Tre 900 Standard.

As I live in Japan, I will need advice on pipes and clutches that i can export, not UK sales only. Can anyone send me some links? Thank you.

Tommaso

·
3,085 Posts
Well

I'm getting a Laser gp extreme exhaust that suits the 06-07 R6 Yamaha, hell loud apparently. every tornado comes with a slipper clutch! 900's have a wet one, and 1130 tornado's come with a dry one, but they are both slipper clutchs
, you can get a spare clutch plate set from surflex if thats what your after?

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Welcome to the forum our new freind from the Land of the Rising Sun. :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome

A Stubby Remus can looks and sounds sweet (look in my gallery)

Russ (Bennetts) can supply this with adapter bracket etc to make it work on the Tornado)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, AussieRS,

Well my slipper clutch sucks. At Fuji Speedway at the end of teh straight you are full out in 6th for quite a few seconds before slamming on the brakes and when I downshift my rear end behaves worse than the Italian flag in WW2! I need something serious.

KurtP, I cannot see your pictures. Where can I see them, can you post a link?

Thank you all for replying to my original post. I appreciate the help.

Tommaso

·
3,085 Posts
mmm

The RS is apparently adjustable, but on the Surflex web page it says the clutch is exactly the same as a standard 900 Tre item, I suspect its the springs, weather you can adjust them by usinge different length springs, I'm not sure, as I've not ever adjusted mine, although I'm sure someone here knows how too. Tornado's do tend to break loose more at the rear due to them having more static weight on the front.
Any tips anyone?
Tommy, maybe its just a matter of adjusting the spring tension to allow more slip. I believe someone here has done it before.

·
1,841 Posts
Tommaso, the 900 tre and the RS have a slipper clutch,the way that it is adjusted is by altering the clutch plate stack height. Benelli have used different combinations of clutch plates, so yours may be different to mine (rs). My clutch had an extra steel plate next to another as standard,I removed this one (2mm I think) This shortening of the clutch height resulted in the clutch slipping a lot easier.You could change down very fast with no wheel lock. If I were racing I may have left like this, but for normal road use I wanted not quite as much slip,so I found some fibre plates that were of different widths so that I ended up with approx 0.5mm shorter stack height.
As the stack height is reduced the easier it is for the slipper to operate.
As the stack height is reduced the lever will become lighter,if you suffer slip on acceleration then shimming of springs or stiffer springs may be required.
I had no problem even with 2mm reduced.
The original clutch is made by Surflex.
I bought friction plates from motorcycleproducts.co.uk
Sorry I can not find all plate sizes etc,but hope this helps.
Colin...
PS. if you are not getting any slipper action then the slipper cam and plate may have been removed ?

·
3,085 Posts
cool

tommy surflex also list a plates rebuilt kit for the tornado clutch on their website, so you could buy that and swap out the plates, they have a english webpage. maybe be able to score one off ebay to access plates too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts