Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone
By way of a follow up to ROBFM post earlier i thought i should start an new thread.
I am in need of some help. My nelli has just had its first service at Rusty Russ's(what a star he is). A problem with the bike is that the can leaks like a teabag:bawl: . Rusty is processing a warranty claim for me at the moment so we shall see what that brings.
My question is - I have a Beowulf Can which is hardly used and i think it would look good on Nelli but I have mailed Beowulf to see if i can get a link pipe and they said they dont do them. Can anyone tell me where i can get a link pipe or if one from another more "common" make will fit so i can fit the can.

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
i went to exhausts.com in sheffield & had a chat with them about making me a link pipe for mine i've got a blue flame can on at the minute but want a link pipe more swept up,all i've got to do is mount the can how i want & they will make a pipe to fit, they charge £40 an hour i think he said & it would take around 2 hours to make

·
Registered
382 Posts
Beowulf aren't very helpful but I'm surprised that they won't supply one. It's only a matter of them bending one to shape and welding the correct diameter end on.
You could try looking for a 2007 onwards Yamaha R6 one though it may not be angled out far enough for the can to clear the swinging arm.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys
I will see if i can get into sheffield or try the R6 one. If anyone else has any ideas all will be greatfully recieved.:bow:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi everyone
By way of a follow up to ROBFM post earlier i thought i should start an new thread.
I am in need of some help. My nelli has just had its first service at Rusty Russ's(what a star he is). A problem with the bike is that the can leaks like a teabag:bawl: . Rusty is processing a warranty claim for me at the moment so we shall see what that brings.
My question is - I have a Beowulf Can which is hardly used and i think it would look good on Nelli but I have mailed Beowulf to see if i can get a link pipe and they said they dont do them. Can anyone tell me where i can get a link pipe or if one from another more "common" make will fit so i can fit the can.
Phone quill exhausts they made one for my Tornado :clap:

Mark

·
5,929 Posts
A problem with the bike is that the can leaks like a teabag:bawl: . Rusty is processing a warranty claim for me at the moment so we shall see what that brings.
It's easy to fix, if you want to save some money. A new one under warranty, will probably not be much better. They're just not sealed properly (or at all).
Here's how to do it

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Enginia
This is a perfect option if i get no joy with the warranty.
Or even if i do and the replacement is no better.:bow:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
If you get stuck getting the link pipe produced i may just be the person to talk to. pm me and i'll get the ball rolling if you cant get a result with adrians suggestion in sheffield. easy thing to do by the way i'm in the high peak .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Solution Found

Guys
thanks for all the help and advice. Just thought i had better let you know. Blue flame are now doing link pipes and they have them in stock. £70 inclusive of delivery.
There website is bluefalmeperfomance.com
or phone number is 01695 555551:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
sorry to but in but a Yamaha R6 has a different diameter as I took that same advice it does not fit you will need to make up a link pipe still. Check out my earlier thread for pics and info. I bought a R6 Micron but had to do a lot of work to get it to fit and look right.

good luck

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Hi,

I am using the R6 Akrapovic race slash cut pipe.

I didn't need to make a link pipe as it fitted directly onto the Benelli Sport Titaniumlink that I had on there.

Running the RS race map, so far all is good.

But the thing is LOUD :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts