Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I struggling with an exhaust for my Tornado? :( :( :(

I bought a yamaha one which I was told would fit.
It didn't.
I've just had Beowulf make me one, telling them that it was for a Tornado.
That doesn't fit either!!!!

The problem I've got is.........
The original obviously just pushes, nice and snugly, between the inner and outer sleeve to make a nice airtight seal, without the need of clamps. (Obviously, just using the spring to keep it in place)
What I keep getting is a link pipe the EXACT same diameter as the outer sleeve. :(

Has anyone else had this problem?

I know I could make some cuts down the link pipe and try and squash the pipes diameter a bit, but a. stainless doesn't squash very easily and b. if I start cutting it I'm not going to be able to send it back!

Help!

Regards,
Roly

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Should have went to Russ.. :rolling: He fitted my Remus with no probs.. :D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
........... but I don't like the Remus one :(
What!!!! :mad: You don't like the Remus can!!!! :mad:
What's the matter with you,,,, you gay or something.... :rolling:​

·
1,841 Posts
Roly, I have a Beowulf can for my RS. The link pipe is 53mm external where it pushes over the smaller inner part of the front pipe.It is approx 1mm thick ie 51 internal.It has a clip that fits approx 15mm back from the end and has 3 slots so it clamps down to the inner pipe. It also has a loop for the spring. Maybe the TRE is different sizes.
colin..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there! Which Yamaha can did you try first? I still fancy the laser gp extreme can:ele:
It was a Delkelvic one supposed to fit 2007 onward R6's.
I had the same problem in that the link pipe was 53mm - the same as the outer sleeve of the header.

·
Registered
74 Posts
exhaust

hi roly,
if you can not get it to fit, i will gladly take it off your hands, and get it to fit, (thats what i do for a living i am a pipefitter) if you need any assistance pop me and email .i seem to thing you are in the same part of the country as me
:ele:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Funnily enough i heard Roly was a pipe fitter too !!!!!!!!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: oh sorry different sort of pipe :eek: :eek:

I cant believe that you dont like the remus or the motogp extreme can - i'll ask lee to make it a pinkish colour i will i will ;)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
hi roly,
if you can not get it to fit, i will gladly take it off your hands, and get it to fit, (thats what i do for a living i am a pipefitter) if you need any assistance pop me and email .i seem to thing you are in the same part of the country as me
Watch out, Nasty, he's luring you into his trap;) . Next thing, you'll be bending over looking at his pipe - ooh er missus - it'll be like the search for the golden rivet!:rolling: :rolling:

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi roly,
Thank you for the kind offer.
Beowulf are supposed to be ringing me today to try and sort it.
All I want is a correctly sized link pipe. Surely it can't be that difficult!!!
If I get no joy from them, if you are available for a little while perhaps we can have a go at getting it to fit.
Best regards,
Roly

·
Registered
319 Posts
Roly,

are you sure to fit the Beowulf to your bike? Do you really like that look???:confused:

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Roly,

are you sure to fit the Beowulf to your bike? Do you really like that look???:confused:
Now now Dirk - of course everyone here loves Benellis but we are all allowed to have our own particular preferences.

Especially Roly.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

cheers,
Dom

·
Registered
513 Posts
It was a Delkelvic one supposed to fit 2007 onward R6's.
I had the same problem in that the link pipe was 53mm - the same as the outer sleeve of the header.
The exhaust which fits is the 'Akrapovic' Megaphone R6 exhaust mate........

Mark:doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts