Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd try again and post a pic of my new exhaust.

It started life as a Micron road legal Yamaha R6 race can, a lot of work has gone into it to get it to this finished stage. First an addaptor pipe link pipe is required to fit the Benelli exhaust, this has a slight kick in it to bring into the required alignment as seen. The original mounting bracket has been removed and welded up, new stainless steel bracket fabricated and welded into position. The Micron badge pop rivet holes have been welded up. The standard Micron heat resistant grey finish has been completely polished off.

Although this is a road legal can on the R6 which has a box silencer built under the engine it is no way road legal the Benelli....sounds great.

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
N i c e !

That looks awesome Paul... So what make is it? I want one :D :D :D

Dom

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

In my opion it looks great from all angles I'll take a pic from the rear and post it later. It hangs directly below the rear footrest hugging the swinging arm.

It started life as a Micron road legal Yamaha R6 race can, a lot of work has gone into it to get it to this finished stage. First an addaptor pipe is required to fit the Benelli exhaust, this has a slight kick in it to bring into the required alignment as seen. The original mounting bracket has been removed and welded up, new stainless steel bracket fabricated and welded into position. The standard Micron heat resistant grey finish has been completely polished off.

Although this is a road legal can on the R6 which has a box silencer built under the engine it is no way road legal the Benelli....sounds great.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Paul,

congrats to your new exhaust. Looks really nice.

For all among us who are also looking for a replacement, it is interesting to get following info:

1) Manufacturer
2) For which model is it originally
3) Does it need a link pipe
4) does it have an "e"-stamp?

What was the cost, all together or in detail?

And.. as the others said: what about the sound? Youtube? ;)

Regards
Dirk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow must be a beasty...my remus sounds louder than you would think legal and has an e stamp officer :ele: :ele: :ele:

by the recent exhaust threads on this forum kudos to the nelli for having a fantastic engine note lending itself to aftermarket pipes.

On another note (no pun intended) imo the new bike regs over the last few years, like lights always on and cats, make the nellis that are available new as they were in 2003 a real bargain.....I always ride with lights on, but I like to make the choice, and when I am suffering battery issues or whatever I like to have more control....oops off topic and starting to rant:doh: :doh:

·
Registered
885 Posts
I saw a crackin can on an r6 at the benelli test weekend in edinburgh, it was not one stubby but 2 smaller ones stacked one on top of another looked the biz and really compact, has anyone seen anything like this or know where to get them? the guy dissapeared before I managed to speak to him:confused:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I saw a crackin can on an r6 at the benelli test weekend in edinburgh, it was not one stubby but 2 smaller ones stacked one on top of another looked the biz and really compact, has anyone seen anything like this or know where to get them? the guy dissapeared before I managed to speak to him:confused:
I think they were probably these, Laser gp,s

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
is that the 1 you mean??? someone one here has 1 fitted but can't remember who :doh:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yup thats the ones (laser gp's) they are really neat and compact would love to see them on the tornado before I commit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts