Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Has anyone out there had problems wirh the end can blowing, as on mine it seamsto be comong from both front and rear outer ring and front inner, if so whats the solution, do i get intouch with a Benelli dealer as it is still under warrenty.
cheers Tony

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I think there was a post on here a good while ago - and if I remember most blow a little around the end can - but nothing excessive tho

·
Registered
15 Posts
exhaust blowing

mine does the same everyone ive seen has the same issue kjm said they are designed to do that nothing wrong with them,i actually turned a tre down because i thought the exhaust was knackered,fool i was it allows moisture out of can end
ta BENNYBOY :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Exhaust blowing

Hi Nasty the majority of tornado silencers blow to some extent when new (some more than others) this usually sorts itself out with use due to carbon build-up sealing the offending area

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hI EVERYONE thanks for the replys, i knew someone out there would have the answers, great forum this, cheers nasty:)

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Hi Nasty,

Use some high temperature silicon sealant to fill up the gaps which will stop it blowing but don't fill any gaps at the bottom of the lower oval as this allows any build up of water/condensation to drain away.

Halfords do a tube for around a £5 and the silicon is light grey in colour so you can hardly notice it in the gaps around the exhaust. :)

By the way, don't use exhaust sealer (i.e. gungum) as this dries hard and will vibrate out in time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts