Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next year i'am planning a trip to Pesaro then onto Rome:clap: .So the other week I was asking Russ if the factory did tours . And he said it might be a good trip for alot of other nelli owners aswell. the time would be around the last two weeks of May 09 We don't have to ride the same route just get there on the same Day. I'll be having a chat to Russ hopefully at the N,E,C. On the 28th of Nov to see if there is any Tours planned for that time. Any thought's lad's.:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Factory Tour

Yeah sounds good would be interested, may even take along a few others to convert them to being Benelli owners.

Then again....would it be a good idea taking them to the factory!

·
Registered
864 Posts
I might be up for this.
Where would interested parties be sailing from?
Would anyone be interested in the P&O from Hull? At least Hull would be a pretty central place for most folk to make their way to from within the UK :)

G

·
Mmmmmmm

Hi all
I am up for that,
If we all badger Russ :bow: at the NEC (HI Russ, i appologise in advance) enough to take a 'Bennetts motorcyles the home of benelli' van over to carry luggage then we could have a proper trip.. So any 1 going to the NEC.... Talk to Russ :bow: and lets have a full tour sorted. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might be up for this.
Where would interested parties be sailing from?
Would anyone be interested in the P&O from Hull? At least Hull would be a pretty central place for most folk to make their way to from within the UK :)
The route we are going to take would be via Channel tunnel, then to Riems,then into Germany, Austria to Milan , and onto Pessaro. The Hull boat is a bit slow:bawl: . The tunnel takes about 35 mins:ele: and you can get the tickets for about £50 return if you book wisely:clap:

·
Registered
404 Posts
sounds good

I would be up for it, but would insist on a very senic route
Hate Paege, it is so so boring.

Needs route nationals, lots of rivers, lumpy hills and moutiains and then I would be interested !!!!

I have been to that area of Italy and there are some cracking roads, but they don't suit the Tornado, more the adventure style of bike or a big naked one.

No a TNT on those roads yee haaaaaa :ele: :ele: :ele: :ele:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Mmmmnnnn - enough planning and I could be tempted - very tempted.

Never ridden abroad before - so would like to tag on to some 'experienced' foreign travellers if I go (Laurence / Lloyd - you can read that as OLD if you like !!) :rolling:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
This sounds like the Group ride ins to end all Group ride ins !! , Definately put me down as it'd be like brideshead revisited going abroad and into Italy . can anyone not miss this trip to the Holy Land of Benelli .

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Just need to hope Errols lad comes up with the goods on the Carbon racks now and we will be sorted! :clap:
How long are ppl planning on putting aside for this trip? I don't want to bust a gut doing 500 miles a day, but at the same time I dont think I will get a pass for 2 weeks. Google maps makes it about 1100 miles to Pesaro (from the midlands), but thats probably the boring route. Any ideas on what kind of distance we are talking about when its a more interesting route? I have no knowledge of the roads to take. Personally I think I would probably have to make Pesaro the end point rather than going on to Rome (apart from anything else, I have driven in Rome and I value my life lol).

Col

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just need to hope Errols lad comes up with the goods on the Carbon racks now and we will be sorted! :clap:
How long are ppl planning on putting aside for this trip? I don't want to bust a gut doing 500 miles a day, but at the same time I dont think I will get a pass for 2 weeks. Google maps makes it about 1100 miles to Pesaro (from the midlands), but thats probably the boring route. Any ideas on what kind of distance we are talking about when its a more interesting route? I have no knowledge of the roads to take. Personally I think I would probably have to make Pesaro the end point rather than going on to Rome (apart from anything else, I have driven in Rome and I value my life lol).

Col
Had a re- think on the route that my group will be taking.Final destination will be Pesaro. But we will come back along the coast into France round to Monaco then onto Marselle then head north up to Milau to cross the viaduct, if you haven't seen this bridge yet it will impress. I'am going to try and put a map on my gallery so you get the idea. If you do tag along the main thing you want to get is a Air hawk seat pad.and what is really handy a bike to bike radio especially if you havent been riding abroad before(heavy traffic city centers easy to loose sight) Time frame we should go on a Saturday and get back in the uk the following Saturday. Millage from my town Winterton in north lincs and back again is around 2800. This millage and time frame allows us average millage of around 400 per day but this can vary depending on the group. I did Gibralter in May this year which was just short of 4000 miles and we did that in 10 days taking it really easy. will be Buying a new HD video camera next year, so just need Lawrence to sort out some T shirts and if its a good trip i'll do a write up and put it in the mcn. the accomodation i use is the Ibis hotels good rooms and secure parking.If you have a look at my gallery the Gib trip is on. :clap:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just put a pic of the basic route on took 5 mins to do.ignore winterton being in monaco:doh: thats the route name. this map will probably change on different days, from experience getting to the next hotel we may want to go the fast way, scenic or the shortest. It all depends on that morning.:clap:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Alternative route ish

blast across france on Route Nationals

Aim for Frieburg - southern Germany

Aim for Austria, Innsbruck way

Blat through west of Austria

Enter Italy north of Lake Garda in the Dolimites

Blat down to the Tuscany / Romania region and on to Pesaro

Just a though

PS 500 miles a day on the hilly bits is enough, on the boring roads you can do upto a 1000miles per day if yuo can stand the boredom!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I like the northern france to austrian way through to italy although did the Geneva(naked sunbathing just up from the famous fountain from oldies to young lithe ladies !!) to Grenoble route and then onto Toulon and along the coast to Nice(via that overated St Tropez-read dump), visually stunning as you drop down into Nice through the last of the tunnels and onto my favourite place Monaco where you can stand opposite the banks on the main road jumping up and down on the Formula One pole position :) and then its a short run into Italy's coast.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Hey Rob it can quite put you off your pancakes !, theres a small cafe along the main road in and you sit there with your crepes and the cafe is on a small man made spur of rocks that you can walk down and within a few feet of each other they are strewn around and i couldnt resist shouting 5 out of 10 10 out of 10 !!! :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Out of who is interested, who is furthest North? I am very interested in going but the thought of Edinburgh to Dover is not very exciting - especially on the return leg. I have done Portsmouth to Edinburgh a couple of times off the Bilbao ferry and it's a ball breaker! especially if you are going it alone.

I have the option of the ferry from Newcastle to Holland and then meeting up with folk in the North of France? I quite like the ferry as you can chill out overnight over a nice meal and a beer or wine.

Other than that, it would be the long boring haul the length of the UK :bawl:

Ideas guys?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts