Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've done it, pick up my TNT on Friday :ele:
It's 100% standard 4000miles on the clock, 04 model, he says he's had no problems :clap:
Should i upgrade the fan and where will i get one.
I've read about getting them re-mapped, is it neccessary as it's standard or has it got other benefits, i.e timing, cooling, performance :confused:
Any other hints are welcome :bow: :bow:

P.s anyone know where the nearest Benelli dealer is to Norwich ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi johnsy in my veiw absolutly essential to get the fans moved to the new position especially on the older model. both fans on my TNT were puntured due to stones getting caught up in the fan blades and wearing out the rad filaments:mad: . Also although i never had a cooling issue with my bike it has improved the cooling plus the map appears to have helped. KJM should be able to advise they may also be your nearest dealer

·
Registered
263 Posts
2006 remap essential

In respect of the fans - KJMs advice to me was - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Hope that helps/confuses

Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:confused: Gill from Taz of Peterbough have informed me that the fan is a warranty issue, my bike was born 22 july 2004 :confused: here's hoping.

Sure i'll will get some discount if it's just out :rolling: You seem so good at Taz, plug, plug :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
As dib say's get the upgrade done, you will eventually end up with a hole in the rad with the fans internally mounted, also the latest map brings the fans on earlier to help prevent overheating and has better fuel, ignition and stepper control settings.................and should have been done under warranty, if you have hot start problems (some do some don't) there is a starter gear upgrade, which helps reduce this problem, again should be under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts