Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The group test in 'Fast Bike' between a Benelli Tre-K, Triumph Tiger and a Ducati Multistrada S is less than flattering ( read totally shite ). :eek:

About the only thing the reviewers liked were the brakes. They did not like the style, saying it had an "exotic 90's look"? Dunno, maybe that's good? :confused: I think the biggest let down was the engine, as when they put it on the Dyno all they got was 105bhp.

The Tre-K has a Power Switch which should, I believe, decreases power by 30%. When they tested it, it did not work, so one could think that the bike was stuck in the lower power setting which would explain a lot. This lack of power produced comments like, "100 disabled horses, each with three legs and rickets,". Even the exhaust sound was ridiculed saying, "...it squeezes out girly farts rather than a rumble".

Reading between the lines, I think the reviewers had marked the Tre-K down before testing it, and remarks as "It's more cheap Chinese takeaway than Italian exotic" hint at an anti-Chinese made bias. In a little 'second opinion' box it was revealed that the bike had been out with another mag before them, with no time for a service. Shame, and final score was a dismal - 5/10. The Triumph Tiger scored - 7/10 and the Ducati Multistrada S - 8/10.

I bought 'Fast Bike' for the review, now I wish I hadn't, £3.99 wasted on (in my opinion) an unfair test. Anyone else read it? What do you think?

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Given up reading biased reviews from MCN fast bikes etc the only one that seems reasonably fair is PB, the other problem with every comment on the "power button" is they don’t switch the ignition off before changing maps so the switch does nothing...you have to turn off the ignition when selecting maps then restart bike, but as you said the tw**s that write the reviews have all ready made their minds up prior to riding the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmm...

"the chassis is the best on test" "The Brembos [are] the best on test" but it had a "sick engine". What would you like them to write; "This bike is really good (probably, if it wasn't poorly)"????

:doh:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm...

"the chassis is the best on test" "The Brembos [are] the best on test" but it had a "sick engine". What would you like them to write; "This bike is really good (probably, if it wasn't poorly)"????

:doh:
:rolling: You got shares in the mag mate???? :rolling:

I'd like them NOT to write a review without doing some basic research first. For Pete's sake, they could not even start the bloody thing properly and the instructions are stuck on the tank!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
213 Posts
What a bunch of wan**rs:mad: :mad: I've been around bikes all my life and these idiots have just passed their test, they haven't got a clue :rolling: :rolling:

Everyone has an opinion and I say ride the bike for yourself:clap: if its not for you don't buy one!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts