Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cafe Racer, Speed Triple, Monster and Brutale 910
cafe racer last, bad fueling, bad damping and poor starting, the testers view was that Benelli havn,t moved on with development in two years.:(

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Strange these mags? How can so called bike experts vary so much in there opinions it almost makes you cynical ;) maybe there right about the café racer and the tnt who knows......... but how can they say Benelli has not moved on when in the last year they have announced an 800cc tnt, 1130 tornado, evo and rs tnt's, a 2 cylinder thingy, the motocrosser and the tre k which most mags have raved about, mind you I’m slightly biased because I need to believe. :rolleyes:
Ooohh by the way didn’t superbike do a piece a couple of months ago stating that the 1130 TNT was the fastest accelerating bike they had tested up to 100mph.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I must admit if I had the money I would be putting in an order for a Tre k, there is just something about them.

·
224 Posts
I think that a lot of these smaller bike makers are picked on by the press. The bikes made in Italy are usually of small production numbers. Many times these bikes have minor issues (suspension and/or EFI tuning) that can be sorted with th correct set up of the bike. But the press picks up on these tiny "faults" and magnifies them without taking a bit of time to sort them out.
Once these bikes are correctly sorted and set up to the rider, they are the best of the best. The problem is that the big bike makers like the JapLanders and Ducati (a bike made in Italy) are so good at getting the bikes sorted before they go into a crate, are out of the box a "better" bike. And of course these big bke makers give the press lots more money in advertising than the little guy,so the press dare not bad mouth the hand that feeds them.
How many times have you read a write up on a big bike model with a tiny problem that is easily "overooked" and played down as an easy fix. When the same type of write up on an exotic will magnify the tiny problem into a deal breaker that makes the bike look like a unfinished bike not yet ready for the public.
Bimota SB8R/SB8RS got a lot of negative press when the came out because the press did not take the time to set u the suspension and put on the race cans that the bike was ECU mapped for oyt of the box. They would ride a bike with the street legal mufflers and out of the box undialed suspension and complain about the handling and fueling. The truth is that these bikes once correctly set up are fantastic machines. Even today 8 years after they were made, they still are totally able to hold up to the new bikes coming out today.
If Benelli wants good reviews, they need to get the bikes fne tuned and dailed in before the go to market. The press and the general public want a bike they can drive off the showroom floor all ready to go without the need to adjust anything to the rider.
Its not like the "old days" (I was a former racer in the 60-70s) where you would buy or get a bike and even before you started to ride and/or race it, you would strip it down and set it up exactly as you wanted it (to fit you and your needs and/wants). Back then it was common practice to set up a bike after you got it. But now is not then. Now everyone ones the bike ready to go when they lay their handson it. Its fallout from our "fast food" society.
Benelli is an exotic. The buyer of an exotic is usually more mature and patient than the general public. Let the masses buy the cookie cutter bikes. You and I can then enjoy our exotic bikes all to our own; once we set themup to our individual tastes.

Happy New Year.

I hope this is the year Benelli starts turning heads again.

:bow:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I think that a lot of these smaller bike makers are picked on by the press. The bikes made in Italy are usually of small production numbers. Many times these bikes have minor issues (suspension and/or EFI tuning) that can be sorted with th correct set up of the bike. But the press picks up on these tiny "faults" and magnifies them without taking a bit of time to sort them out.
Once these bikes are correctly sorted and set up to the rider, they are the best of the best. The problem is that the big bike makers like the JapLanders and Ducati (a bike made in Italy) are so good at getting the bikes sorted before they go into a crate, are out of the box a "better" bike. And of course these big bke makers give the press lots more money in advertising than the little guy,so the press dare not bad mouth the hand that feeds them.
How many times have you read a write up on a big bike model with a tiny problem that is easily "overooked" and played down as an easy fix. When the same type of write up on an exotic will magnify the tiny problem into a deal breaker that makes the bike look like a unfinished bike not yet ready for the public.
Bimota SB8R/SB8RS got a lot of negative press when the came out because the press did not take the time to set u the suspension and put on the race cans that the bike was ECU mapped for oyt of the box. They would ride a bike with the street legal mufflers and out of the box undialed suspension and complain about the handling and fueling. The truth is that these bikes once correctly set up are fantastic machines. Even today 8 years after they were made, they still are totally able to hold up to the new bikes coming out today.
If Benelli wants good reviews, they need to get the bikes fne tuned and dailed in before the go to market. The press and the general public want a bike they can drive off the showroom floor all ready to go without the need to adjust anything to the rider.
Its not like the "old days" (I was a former racer in the 60-70s) where you would buy or get a bike and even before you started to ride and/or race it, you would strip it down and set it up exactly as you wanted it (to fit you and your needs and/wants). Back then it was common practice to set up a bike after you got it. But now is not then. Now everyone ones the bike ready to go when they lay their handson it. Its fallout from our "fast food" society.
Benelli is an exotic. The buyer of an exotic is usually more mature and patient than the general public. Let the masses buy the cookie cutter bikes. You and I can then enjoy our exotic bikes all to our own; once we set themup to our individual tastes.

Happy New Year.

I hope this is the year Benelli starts turning heads again.

:bow:

+1 on that one too!

·
903 Posts
Bad press

:p

I couldn't agree more, remember the Suzuki TL1000S! When they first came out they where reported to be the best twin ever made and everyone should get one. Then there was an accident where a bloke was showing off, the bike ended up in a tank slapper and he got killed! All of a sudden they where "Death Traps"! MCN was the worse (and still is!).:mad:

Suzuki ended up recalling them all and fitting steering dampers, the bad publicity hit sales hard.

I had a TL and I never had a problem that I could not get out of and that was without a steering damper. If she slapped about a bit I slapped her back!:D

The press only put what they want to put, or are paid to put!:soapbox:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
bad press

Totally agree, further to tornado tre's comments I know a certain Honda dealer that has 2 full time mechanics, 1 of them is on permanent warranty works…..allegedly one of the Honda models had/has 16 recalls done on its first service and this was/is done without the owner being made aware. He is so bored with doing nothing but warranty work (no bonus on warranty work) :) that he’s handed in his notice.
I think we nearly all agree its now really only the service side of Benelli that FRUSTRATES us. (I must still keep trying to convince myself):rolling: :rolling:
terry

·
Registered
213 Posts
What a Wan**r

Totally agree, I was at one of the launch days of the V-tec VFR800 at Paul Ricard in France, 8 bikes blew there gut's dumped oil everywhere and then covered up and rushed off in a van UK press never a mentioned it:mad

Its funny this same mag wants to borrow the Tre-k and the 1130Tre:rolling:

GET STUFFED.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Totally agree, I was at one of the launch days of the V-tec VFR800 at Paul Ricard in France, 8 bikes blew there gut's dumped oil everywhere and then covered up and rushed off in a van UK press never a mentioned it:mad

Its funny this same mag wants to borrow the Tre-k and the 1130Tre:rolling:

GET STUFFED.

Russ, would you honestly loan out a bike to these muppets, surely you must know what these idiots do to bikes that they don't have to pay for!:mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts