Benelli Forum banner

fender extender

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  slip 
#1 ·
any one know if there a fenda extenda to fit the trek as i not to keen on the state of the pipe on my after a run out and also the rad takes a fair beating, does any one do a rad cover

mathew

G
#4 · (Edited)
Hi matey...
Would you say the front mud guard is like the tornado's....

If so i was told that a fender extener off of an YAMAHA FJ1100/1200 was a dam good fit.

DISCLAIMER

It mite be a crok of poop but it came from a man at Stafford show who seemed to know a lot about nelli's, Claimed he'd had one for a few years when they 1st came out
I was going to get 1 and try it but not got round to it yet.

#6 · (Edited)
Radiator

Hamil

looked at the radguard, didn't like the the frame work fitting over the radiator and the cost???
option went to sportsbike.com.au mesh cut to size, fits inside side tanks A$45 postage inclusive, attaches via cable ties through the radiator

Tuono

ps. just rechecked the site, price rise now A$70, my purchase was October 08

#7 ·
Sound like you bought a bit of mesh and saved yourself $150. The Radguard item in black looks like it came from the factory, blends in like it supposed to be there and would protect the radiator from anysize rock the front tyre spits up. We both got a deal then;) .

#9 ·
Radiator Guard

Hey Tuono, no offence but we are talking TRE-K and Amazonas on this part of the forum arn't we? I'm sure the mesh from Sportsbike cable tied on will protect from light stones on the track or road but this is the warning on sportsbike.com website about their mesh (Sorry, this product may not protect against large stone or crash damage). I just did a 3000km ride of which 200km was a mix of high speed and ugly gravel. The radiator guard got pelted and by some big stones. The way the heavey duty mesh on the Radguard guard sits about 10mm off the radiator means even when it takes a dent from a big rock it doesen't damage the radiator fins and that would not be the case with much softer mesh cable tied directly to the fins. Two different products, two different uses, but good all the TRE-K'ies out there have a choice.:rolleyes:

#10 · (Edited)
Hamil

No offence taken as I don't do a lot of off-road, just a bit of gravel, didn't realize you had an Amazonas but I'm pleased you have looked at both options and as I said previously "each to there own"
Plus I agree the more options the better it is, mesh thickness in both is the same radguard has a frame

As to the quotes on the sportsbike site, I like their honesty

"The mesh helps to keep your radiator and oil cooler stone damage free, it works efficiently and looks good. (Sorry, this product may not protect against large stone or crash damage)."

On a separate point with that amount of off-road how much damage to the wheels or do the spokes hold up well?

Regards

Tuono

#14 ·
I've fitted a RadGuard to my TRE-K and it works and lloks great but then I do a bit of gravel road riding over the hills and far away from Sydney.

The TRE-K handles well on gravel at 120kmph and feet up slides admirabily. Better than my old CB750K3. The stock fitted Dunlops and wheels seem to handle the potholes on teh tar and the gravel and cattlestops well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.