Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I came to the 3kmiles last we in Le Morvan and I did confirm a strange sensation at 7000rpm: from there, there is a huge vibration on the steering, but my mate and I can't really figure out if it is due to the motor or if it is the actual steering.

Not that you feel it dangerous, just that it is coming fully into the arms and you get dead-tired to play with this a long time.

What do you reckon, guys? I don't have any clue yet.

Marcolondon

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to mention the steed is leaking oil around the bit to verify the level (near the clutch box). Need to remove the fairing if it comes from there and to check levels. Might come over reddog tomorrow if I have got time actually (motogp permitting :rolling: )

·
5,891 Posts
Is it happening at 7000 rpm, regardless of the gear you're in?

If so, it's your engine - get it checked ASAP.

If it's only at a particular speed, it sounds like the front wheel has lost a balance weight.

·
VIN#ten
136 Posts
Please check the front tyre pressure and structure :eek: _NOW_:eek: before doing anymore testing!

On my last visit to service shop, the guy said that there has been some air bubbles in ExtremeTech's steering dampers. It is cured by taking the damper loose and pumping it in and out all the way a few times.

I have had also some vibration between 3-4krpm coming from drive chain. At 7k and up the only shake comes from my teeth :D

·
903 Posts
Could it be your engine mounting bolts are loose? Colin had a similar problem and cured it by tightening them back up!:clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts