Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,929 Posts
Great site. Only problem with it, is one man's idea of a great road, is boring to another.

I like tight twisties. Big sweepers and highways don't interest me. I don't often notice the scenery either. Have been known to ride through an entire bit of burnt bushland, and not noticed! It wasn't a corner, and it wasn't a threat!

So you've got to read the ratings carefully.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Great site. Only problem with it, is one man's idea of a great road, is boring to another.

I like tight twisties. Big sweepers and highways don't interest me. I don't often notice the scenery either. Have been known to ride through an entire bit of burnt bushland, and not noticed! It wasn't a corner, and it wasn't a threat!

So you've got to read the ratings carefully.
I agree with you, I hate motorway riding, so boring unless you play with the traffic. :rolling:

I love big sweeping bends that you can accelerate all the way through the box. :D

I need to be able to see whats ahead mind, get very cautious and slow down on blind bends and the like. :)

·
903 Posts
I like roads with no cars, vans, buses and lorries on, they can't bloody knock me off then!:rolling:

Straights are for joining corners together!

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
... and the shorter the better ... a couple of metres is ample.
I joined bestbikingroads.com so I could check for any of my favorite roads in California. Found a few of them but some blaring omissions. I'll have to fix that! The good thing is they have individual ratings for curves, straights, etc. so you can find out whether the road is appealing to your own style. I'd never go on just the overall rating alone.
I even looked for some of the roads I liked in Spain. Found a couple but I might add a couple myself.

·
5,929 Posts
Only problem with posting your personal favourites, is they end up getting more crowded! A couple of kilometres of gravel usually fixes that though! Keeps the "precious" lads off them.

Bonang Hwy is one of these. 12 km gravel. 90 km of sealed twisty heaven. You might see half a dozen vehicles if you're unlucky.

The Snowy Mtns Hwy used to be great, until they sealed it the whole way. The boy racers came out in droves, and threw themselves off the cliffs. Now the speed limit has been reduced from 100 kph to 60, and the cops are wall to wall. Spoilt a great road.

By the way, what were your favourites in Spain?:)

·
Registered
290 Posts
great roads

You lot need to get into Cumbria and do the hardknot pass and the rysnose pass 30 miles of brain numbing, hand tingling, a**s twitching tight bends, yumps, potholes and Killer drops. And magnificant scenery. Oh The pubs are good too:rolling:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts