Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just bought my first Benelli Tornado TRE and looking for some advice. I am about to change tyres and hope to be using it on any dry days during the winter. Can anyone recommend best brand for UK weather / roads? I am also going to change pads - whats the best brand for this? I am quite concerned about the engine noise - seems to be a bit rattly but have been told this is normal! How loud should it be? I also have a very slight oil leak which I think is coming from the oil level view window, it is very slight. Is this a common fault?
I would be grateful for any help and advice. Thanks

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Spacehopper. Congrats on your choice of bike.

I am quite concerned about the engine noise - seems to be a bit rattly but have been told this is normal! How loud should it be?
Take a 2 liter bottle of smull nuts and bolts, poor it into your car engine and start. -that is about how loud it should be. :rolling:

It is normal for the engine to sound like what you describe. They are all like that.
Here is what others have used for tyres Thread

As for brake pads check this Thread

A lot of these questions have been asked in the past, so it is sometimes easier to do a search for example "tyres" or "brake pads" but on this site you will always find some helpful but witty person eager to give you advise.

Did you get the really fast green and silver or the sticky custard one. :rolling:

Paul

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bike Normal!!

Hi Paul, thanks for that - engine running spot on!!!! I got the super fast green and silver one (03 plate). Have always wanted one since I seen them as a concept bike years ago and managed to get this one in great condition last friday - What a bike!!!! I drove it home 140 miles and although being in agony was already considering trading it in for an RS! Was a bit concerned about engine noise so good to hear confirmation that all is well. Still a bit concerned about oil leak from view window though.
Many thanks for your help with tyres / brakes.
James

·
1,841 Posts
Hi, the usual oil leak in this area is the black plastic round cover forward from the oil window. If the leak is there it is easily fixed by just undoing and using a small amount of blue hylomar after cleaning first. I have not seen a window leaking so if it is from there I dont know the answer but Im sure someone will.
colin..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Colin, leak looks as though its coming from plastic seal. Will give that a try - is it easy enough to remove?
Thanks, James

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
they do sound a bit rattly.

My recommendation for winter riding is a set of conti road attacks.

NOT the sports attacks.

I've done over 2k on a set of roads and they transformed the riding from the horrible nervous handling experienced on the standard 207RRs. They're also wearing well, good for another 2k i should think

The road attacks are touring tyres and will be well suited to the cooler temperatures of the winter months.

·
349 Posts
I am a big Conti road attack fan.I have tried all the Contis and agree that the Road Attacks suit the Tre perfectly for all conditions especially in the wet.Have got Race Attacks on my TNT at the moment but will swop to Road Attacks for the winter.Zebo.:)

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
S n a p !

Hey SpaceHopper,

I've just bought myself a Tornado Tre too - also the faster Green/Silver variety :D :D

And mine was also leaking from the sight-glass, which wasn't seated properly in the casing. I had a few issues checked out by Russ at Bennetts of Barnsley. Was well worth the three-hour trip I can tell you!

The bike is a complete blast though. Absolutely love it!

Enjoy!!

Dom

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Welcome to the Mad-House Spacehopper.
Well done on your choice of bike, esp the colour choice. :D

I'm running a set of Bridgestone BT-016s which are great. Don't know about wear rate yet..

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Welcome to the FNG's

Hello and welcome to the forum divingdog and spacehopper, two more of us and two less of them :ele:

I'm glad your enjoying your nelli's although I am a little jealous due to mine being poorly sick and going to nelli heaven.
you'll find every bit of info you'll ever need from the guy's on here especially the very knowledgable Mr White and several of the convict's err I mean aussie's in the land of the roo.

PS great to hear you went for the fastest and most gloriously gorgeous colour, GREEN and SILVER . If carling made a bike it'd be a green and silver Tre :clap: :clap: :clap:

Johnny :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Many Thanks for the friendly welcome and the advice. Was persuaded in the shop to go for Pirelli Rosso's!!!! Not got them scrubbed in yet so will let you all know how the perform if we ever get another dry day in Scotland. Cheers guys, James

1 - 12 of 12 Posts