Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The indicator thumb switch my TnT is giving me greif and im having trouble switching off the indicators correctly

Also the indactor dash lights are so damn crap i cant see them in daylight. Are they all the same?

Anyway i stopped by Maplins and bought a couple of 12v superbright green led's and fitted them tonight

On the 899 there is a dark area at the top so i fitted them in this bit which is also in my sightline without lowering my head

Have not seen them in daylight yet but if they are not bright enough i will need just add more leds if needed

·
Registered
251 Posts
nice lights

that looks pretty cool.:clap: Its a different set up on my cafe racer and i can see the indicator lights.

My current problem is its not recognising its in neutral when i switch on from cold and it will only start with the stand up.:doh:

all hail the 2 year warranty:bow:

·
Registered
15 Posts
first mod.

I like the mod it looks good, was it easy to do ? Not sure im confident enough to mess around with italian electrics !

Cant tell from your photo but do your clocks have a grey face or black, mine came with grey but had to get it changed under warranty as you couldn't see any of the warning lights in daylight. The grey face was on the very first 899's, r3 comes up on the lcd display when you turn ignition on. These were soon changed to black face r4 on lcd display.

Have you got any other mods planned, so far i've only got a R&G tail tidy fitted but hopefully will add some more carbon bits soon.

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it is a grey one I have but its getting changed as the tacho has packed in, so hopefully the r4 version arrives

Im going to shorten the alloy tail peice on my bike this weekend as i like the alloy look

The mod was dead easy just had to find what wires worked the indicators which was fairly easy and being led lights i just slipped the led wie down the side of the connection so no soldering or cutting

But it wont be needed if I get the r4 revision although i like the grey clock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts