Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out today for a couple of hours and went of to see Border Bikes in Duns ... great run but still a bit of mud on the roads .. but what I found at Border Bikes was quite horrible! A totally knackered Tornado ... this one was bought the same day as I ordered mine .. so it would have been delivered April '08. Apart from having been dropped and probably written off it (Fairing, bars, front wheel, etc) every fastner on it was rusty, the alloy was pitted, chain had clearly never been lubed. Quite the worst example of a ruined bike I have ever seen .. I can't really describe how bad it was. I guess it had been run through winter but still .. you don't do that with works of art. That is what Yamahas are for! So it looks as though some more spares will be available soon .. every cloud ......... .

Still no sign of my replacement lower panels though. That is 8 months since they were ordered. :mad: Dealer getting very fed up wth Moto GB .. anyone doing any better?? Mike

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I had my first run out late this afternoon, not far but enough to get me going again :D

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
done my first two hundred miles on the Tre in the last 3 days.I'm really champing at the bit now but apparently the weather is on the turn again with snow forecast for thursday:(

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
Weather lookin good for tomorrow,I've got the day off so i think i'll take a trip around the thames valley.
I really need to find out what she'll do to a tankfull,thats the excuse the wife will be getting anyway!!!!!:D

·
Registered
864 Posts
Mike I have been waiting 9 months for my fairing pannels. I dont hold out any hope of getting them at this rate.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Weather lookin good for tomorrow,I've got the day off so i think i'll take a trip around the thames valley.
I really need to find out what she'll do to a tankfull,thats the excuse the wife will be getting anyway!!!!!:D
To the tankfull.....you wont get too far:D i went out today, just pottering around really. Got home i couldnt feel my hands:eek:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Fred, Im using mine for work and lots of other journeys at the mo and i get about 40 mpg out of it, thats about £10 of fuel from full to light coming on, havent been to far since the light came on so dont know how far that would be, but its quite a lot as the capacity is about 18 litres and Im only putting in around 12. Incidentally i do around 100 miles for that tenners worth, but its so great that i dont give a stuff about the MPG, happy riding Steve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts