Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a 200 mile run on Sunday, the Hagon rear shock is much better no more over travel and good damping. the Hagon springs in the front forks are still a little soft but definitely a lot better, used 10w oil with a 140mm air gap (without spring fitted). Going to talk to marzocchi today could only see compression and rebound damping on one leg?
The power commander has smoothed out all of the jerking and the “ruff” running at the low end, it’s so much smoother and pulls like a train without hesitation from 2000 rpm.:D :D the devil can is sweet and without the baffle just quite enough not to drive you crackers. Although the air temp was only about 12 deg the engine never went close to over heating.
First time I’ve had a long ride without the dreaded cutting out or hot starting problem. I am convinced that with the 16mm new cables and the pcIII those days have gone. Lastly new 39t rear sprocket will be here this week, after my Sunday ride I am now so glad that I have persevered with the Benelli.:rollin
Booking the dyno for next week will put the map and results on the forum for anybody who wants them.
Vtxbrit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice one VTX, definitly a bike worth persevering with, im even thinking of trading mine in for a new one next year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same thought, will have about 16000 miles on the clock by the end of the year, and by then we will see the updated bikes coming through. Man we’ve got a good hobby don’t you think,:smokin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VTX, just wondering what your petrol consumtion is like now you have the Devil pipe on, mine has reduced quite a lot , i was getting about 90 - 100 mls till reserve and now im only getting 75 - 80.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hector yes my mpg did drop, I remapped the pcIII before last weekends ride and my mpg went up to slightly below my original mpg (about 80-90). I had to guess the mapping (via a laptop) which will do until I dyno it. You will notice it runs a lot richer with the devil pipe particularly around 2000rpm and up to about 8000rpm so I have “leaned” it out a little. Also the K&N filter I fitted has affected the fuel air ratio. I think with a decent can (like the devil) and a better air filter, remapping of the stock ECU or retro fitting an additional fuel metering device (like the pcIII) is necessary.
I need a hot day to be 100% convinced that the mods have all been worth it (although i'm 98% happy now):D :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts