Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to the shop today to pick up the CR after it's first service. Started normally and I rode 50m around the corner to the shop. Spent the next hour gas bagging with another TNT owner and the boys at store. Bought some bling bolts for the number plate and went out to the bike.

Got on it, hit the starter and it cranked over the engine as per normal ... and cranked, .... and cranked, .... and cranked ... and eventually drained the battery. Not once did it catch. This has never happened before. By this time of course, I had the guys from the shop and the owner all standing around with battery boosters, screw drivers and all sorts of idea as to why it wasn't catching. Eventually we wheeled the bike inside hooked up a charger and left it to charge up whilst we had lunch and coffee.

Came back and tried again, still nothing. It was like the sparks were not firing at all. So now I have their TNT demo whilst the CR is back in the shop.

Anyone had this happen ? It's never not caught before.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Never heard of that one before Derek......loose electrical connection maybe:confused: or could it be that they have disturbed a stick coil or two during the service?

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Derek, Had the same problem on my 05 TNT 18 months ago, the problem turned out to be no1 and 2 plugs fouled. we reckon it was caused by starting a cold engine and running it for only a minute or so then trying to restart (the engine didn't get hot enough for proper fueling setup) when I did get it going it kicked out loads of black smoke for a few seconds then perfect, never done it since but I now always make sure the engine is warm on first start up.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To morrow, they have put in new sparks and updated the maps to try and increase the fuel efficiency. I've been on their demo '04 TNT for the past few days and it's getting around 130ks where the CR was only getting 100k. I've noticed it also idles smoother and there are none of the nasty "clunks".

:) :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts