Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever bike I've owned I have fitted them. They came in very handy when I dropped my GSXR while doing a U turn on a steep hill. No damage at all apart from my pride. I have been meaning to get them on my Trek. Yesterday my old man rode his shitebox CB650 to my factory and had a look at my Benelli for the first time. Being the fool I am I told him to go around the block for a quick spin. We are talking 500 mts all up, no stopping, no traffic, perfect weather etc.

I watched him go past my factory on the first lap, but the 2nd took too long. So off i went on his heap of crap with my fingers crossed and there he was sitting on my bike being supported by two other people with the Nelli scratched down one side!!! I wasnt happy to say the least. Apprently due to lack of skill and a heavy bike the slow Uturn(which wasnt even neccesary) didnt quite work.
Now its in the hands of the insurance mob and I cant ride it over the XMas/Summer break, great timing you silly old d...head:bawl:

The moral of the story is- Never let anybody else ride your bike no matter how short the ride is. And fit crash protectors now! There would have been no damage at all with them fitted. And with a $750 excess on the insurance its a cheap precaution.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
my old man rode his shitebox CB650

you silly old d...head:bawl:

That's no way to speak about your father! :bow: Or his p&j....! :eek:

Sorry to hear about the - ahem - mishap. :doh: If it makes you feel better, he is probably beating himself up about it more than you are.:eek:

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's no way to speak about your father! :bow: Or his p&j....! :eek:

Sorry to hear about the - ahem - mishap. :doh: If it makes you feel better, he is probably beating himself up about it more than you are.:eek:

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Cheers
Ian
You should hear what he is calling himself! Its amazing he hasnt crashed his bike before considering it has bald tyres, sticking throttle, horrible front forks, wooden brakes, the list goes on. Maybe that was the problem, my bike works properly and it was too much for him. Lesson learnt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts