Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive made up a set for the Tornado ( a year ago!) and now are finally fitting them, How much dissassembly do i have to do?, seems like a bit of a mission to get the old loom out and to fit the new one!!

·
5,967 Posts
Fitting Battery Leads

Remove the tank.
Remove the tail.
Don't remove the original cables, just add the new ones side by side.

Easy. Just allow a few hours!
My installation can be found HERE

·
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done

just popped the tank off and forward a tad, and removed the side fairings (2) to get past the side radiator ducting, and the tail fairing to move the battery outa the way, about 3.5 hrs all up, I went with a pair of the original diameter cables to the starter solenoid , with one lug at each end of the 2 cables to the starter solenoid, funnily enough it then goes out of there back into a skinny cable (same as the battery cable diameter ) into the actual starter motor, so I may fit some proper 16mm 2 cable there in the future, it only need to be about 5 or 6 inches long, the original positive battery leads splits into 2 parts when it comes from the battery, one positive to the starter solenoid and one to the generator(?) so now I have this 2 into 1 cable running from the generator to the battery, I have removed the stock negative lead and replaced it with a pair, with each cable the same diameter as what the original was, this pair also has just the one lug at each end, so all up I have on the positive side 2 cables to the starter solenoid, a single/pair combo from the generator to the battery , and a pair from the negative bolt on area near the starter solenoid to the negative terminal on the battery, will crank her over later today and report on the results, cany now as little tacker is about to go to sleep !

IS that clear as mud everyone :doh:

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Battery Cable Mod

Yeah, I can just about follow that.....mind you I hope that you feel it was worth the effort, as I can't say I noticed a great deal of difference after I done mine.:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts