Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys,,

just wanted to let u guys know,, that when i opened my air box last week end for a check,, as i just installed a pcIII usb on the bike, i discovered that the flaps in the air intake where not working, and when just lying in the air box, the pins where they are suppose to pivot had sliped,, i put it back together,, and the bike feels much better at low rev,,, if anyone as any problem at low rev,, check that.

i`m looking for a map for my cafer racer,, i`ve got a termigoni pipe, and stock air filter.. anyone can help

also,, does anyone know if there is a after market performance air filter for the bike...??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there!
thanks for the info regarding the air flaps. Valuable info.
I will soon receive my Termignoni pipe as well and am considering the PC III. So, if you get any info regarding the special map, i'm very interested :D

By the way, how does the bike feel for now with the PC just fitted ?

cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but the bike runs much better now, do u guys have this sound at around 4500rmp, when the air flaps opens,, it`s like a boooompp sound.... air box noise loud and clear...

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
even better idea, get rid of them completely bloody things do nothing but restrict much needed air......
vtxbrit

·
Registered
32 Posts
could one of you guys take a picture of these damn flaps?
I'd really like to know what you're talking about...
VTrix says to complete get ridd off them, so i'd really like to know what precisely we're talking about here. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hard to take pic

remove the tank.. look at the airbox , remove the uper part of the air box and take the filter off,,, and u`ll see the flaps... a cable come to them..

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Here is a picture of the airbox without the power sucking flaps :mad: ....and the K&N filter i fitted to stop all the nasty dust getting into my engine. :) (you can see the dirt that bypassed the original foam filter in the 2nd picture)

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so,,, if i take those flaps off completely.. should i not have a problem with fuel/air ration below those 4500 rmp,, as it would be full air comming in? thus loosing some torque,, those flaps are there for what reason anyway?? increase torque at low rpm??

also,, i`m wondering what about the exaust valve, should we keep it
?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as they are both connected,,

i wonder when we`ll see a K&N filter specially for the tnt on the market,,i`m waitting for that before going to do a map on the dyno....

if i remove those flaps,, and do what u did with the air box,, would u have a map for me,,, if u already use a pcIII usb like the one i`ve got

thanks for the help...

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Guys, the flaps are there for emission reasons, the idea is at low revs they close thus making the engine use the hot polluted air from the breather and stepper valve this helps to reduce C0 levels to comply with current regulations, now if you want the most power from your engine :) you need very cold and slightly humid air to enter the engine as easily as possible so that it makes the biggest bang (expansion) and pushes those pistons down as fast and furiously as is possible. you also want as little resistance for the air flow as is possible so snorkels, flaps and crappy bits of foam (the standard TNT filter) need to be ditched. :(
Yamaha’s R1 and fazer have exup valves (like the Benelli’s power valve) which are mainly there for emissions (although they say it gives more torque at mid range) I have just got an extra 18 bhp from an 06 fz1 by removing the cat, airbox snorkel, and exup valve the torque has improved with a slight dip to the mid range. :) :)
Tell me the last time you saw a racing bike with flaps snorkels cats etc?
If you are happy with the power/ performance of your TNT rocket then leave well alone……however if you are a power junky and want more, then you have to tinker. :ele:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok flaps are easy to remove... what should we do with the snokels,,, what do u mean by the CAT??

on the tnt,, did u guys left the exaust valve?

i`m ready to start remove and modifying a vew stuff,, but can anyone tell me about the pcIII,, should we have a special map after that

·
Registered
32 Posts
Guys, the flaps are there for emission reasons, the idea is at low revs they close thus making the engine use the hot polluted air from the breather and stepper valve this helps to reduce C0 levels to comply with current regulations, now if you want the most power from your engine :) you need very cold and slightly humid air to enter the engine as easily as possible so that it makes the biggest bang (expansion) and pushes those pistons down as fast and furiously as is possible. you also want as little resistance for the air flow as is possible so snorkels, flaps and crappy bits of foam (the standard TNT filter) need to be ditched. :(
Yamaha’s R1 and fazer have exup valves (like the Benelli’s power valve) which are mainly there for emissions (although they say it gives more torque at mid range) I have just got an extra 18 bhp from an 06 fz1 by removing the cat, airbox snorkel, and exup valve the torque has improved with a slight dip to the mid range. :) :)
Tell me the last time you saw a racing bike with flaps snorkels cats etc?
If you are happy with the power/ performance of your TNT rocket then leave well alone……however if you are a power junky and want more, then you have to tinker. :ele:

Hi VtxBrit,

i'm down with you 100%. You seem to definitely know what you're talking about here.

My problem is that i'm not much of a mecanic. Also, my native tongue is French so i sort of get lost in the various technical terms i read in your explanation.

One thing is for sure though, i'm a power freak and would definitely like to get the best out of my TnT :clap:
Moreover, my new SportEVO 07 will be delivered to me in about 1 month and i'd die knowing that i'm riding it without getting the most out of the engine....

VtxBrit, is it too much asking you to make some kind of a modification guide which would explain in details (with pictures and step 1 & 2 etc...) what to do to get the best performance out of the TnT ?

If OK with you, I will then translate this doc in French as well (with the help of a friend knowledgeable in bike engines) and post it over to our French TnT Forum.
That'd be fantastic!!! :D

I can guarantee that every TnT owner will take this guide to their dealer to have the mods done as soon as the bike has arrived.

Let me know :rolleyes:

K

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
flaps

hi,,, i speack french too,, hi hi,, je parle francais tres bien

anyway,, not to be rude,, i would like someone to let me know what about the maps,, if we remove the flaps,, etc etc,, fuel air ration,, what should be done

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
procedures to best of tnt

hi,,,

as i have understand,, u remove the flaps,,, exup valve in the airbox.... what happens to the snokels, should it be remove to..

and then a new map be done to it,,, ?

can u confirm me please

1 - 20 of 27 Posts