Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out for a ride with a few friends yesterday down North Yorkshire way. On the way to Helmsley it got a little misty and wet on the moors. Third ride out on me new bike and second time caught in the wet. :bawl:

The Sunday before I was at Scarborough and got drenched on the way home. :mad:

The thing is, on the way home yesterday, the indicators stopped flashing.. Each side would come on and stay on but did not flash. :confused:

The ride home (apart from the indicators) was uneventfully and the bike seemed to perform well. Nearer home the indicators started working OK then didn't then did, if you get what I mean.

I have cleaned the bike made sure the flasher relay under the seat is pushed fully home, and it is.

The bike goes into the dealer for it's 600 mile first service on Wednesday and I wondered if anyone has had a similar problem and if so, what it was, so I can point the dealer in the right direction.

·
1,841 Posts
My tre did the same as you describe,it works ok now. I think it is just a dodgy flasher unit,I was going to just replace mine till it stopped playing up. You can get a replacement for about £5 from a motor factor.:)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Yip, It's a dodgy flasher relay unit for sure!!

The contacts inside the unit have a tendency to carbon up which causes them to stick together. I took the flasher unit apart and cleaned the contacts with a thin emery board and it worked fine after that.:)

(well, I'm a Scot after all...................couldn't waste a fiver just to fix something like that!!!!!) :rolling:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
:bow: Thanks. :bow:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts