Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a copy of John Oz tre's still outstanding

"Hi Guy's, the following list are the Australian Tornado models that should have their clutch basket replaced or inspected (not all are done yet). I do not know of frame numbers for other countries but if the frame number is ending in a number lower than 497 then I would be checking with my dealer.

FRAME n. ENGINE n.
17 2009
27 2014
28 2022
33 2014
58 2056
59 2069
61 2081
77 2091
161 2216
213 2251
214 2243
215 2247
220 2248
397 2467
402 2455
403 2451
496 2565
497 2562
"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou!!

Thanks for that! Hmm.. Finance comes through tommorow.. my heart is saying "yes"... went and looked at some other bikes today.. and in comparison to the Benelli.. they look a little also ran :)

Are the standard pipes they come with OK?

I think I'll buy the one in Brisbane since its in truly mint condition. Can anyone comment on whether the ride position becomes too tiring on longer rides?

Since its in Brissy, I might not even be able to test drive it.. there is one here in Perth that I've seen in the flesh, but if I test drive theres, they're really going to put the screws on me to buy it.. and it has a bit of chipping around the fuel tank cap.

I used to own a CBR100F a 8 years ago (the older ones, pre blackbird etc). As long as it rides as nice as that, and looks as good as it is, I'll be happy.. I won't be doing track days or anything.. I'll be pretty conservative until I get more experienced after having not ridden for 8 years.

Daniel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Standard can

its a Arrow (italian made unit), probably identical to the RS stock one i had on the RS, although the RS is a brown colour (WTF were they hinking), more than happy to lend you my Benelli sport item for a day and I can load in the race 6034 map for you, as I have the tuneboy software to custum map the ecu. Stock can is pretty good and fruity, pretty heavy though, check out both of mine an judge for yourself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
grin

Finance approved and sorted!!! Would I be mad to just call up and buy this bike "mailorder" and have it drop shipped straight to melbourne???

Daniel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heh

hahahah... I didn't think sanity was high on the list for this bike :)

well, I just got insurace approved.. Is $1200 a year about right lads?

Daniel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Insurance

Shannons did mine for $820 - agreed value $28k, which might be a bit optimistic these days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
insurance

I got WQBE for $900 a year, 33 year old, less than 5000 kays a year, garaged ,bolted to floor in alarmed garage, mind you at the time WQBE was running a "beat any competitor" promotion, and they beat Shannons by $50.00, originally they wanted double that!!, otherwise i expect the renewal to be quite a bit more when its comes in a few months and i will proably switch to Shannons, they cover accessories and your gear up to $3000.00, plus offer discounts for low kay use, which is me with full time work, uni part time and 18 month old son :eek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:)

Well, I BOUGHT IT..!!!!!!

One of the more impulsive things I've done in my life.. :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\

Anyways.. from now on, nothing but positive posts!!

Daniel.

PS. I'm in the market for a leather jacket.. anyone know of anything in white and green to match the bike?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Insuranceq

Yeh, I think $1200 is too much.. I'm giving Swan a go.. I had insurance with them in my 250 days.. with no accidents.. so hopefully theyll do a better deal.

Daniel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jackets

JohnnO will eventaully de able to source official benelli clothing for you
have a lookee at the german benelli web page
www.benelli.de/index_fla.html

Keen on getting some casual gear myself, the pista skin looks good, but i already have some dainese gear that will last forever.
keen on some overalls too

John sent me some brochures the other day on casual and protective gear, plus mechanical bits and pieces. they are on this web site too
www.benelli.de/index_fla.html

I think we should see this in Oz in the not to distant future

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TuneBoy download

You can't download a Tuneboy tune in to other peoples ECU's because their ECU has to have a key (code number) to be able to accept it. If you have the Axone tool, you can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yep

if he does go tuneboy he welcome to use my cable, depends if he wants to play with settings I guess, Ive got the RS in a dyno shootout on the 30th, although I dont expect to win i will be using their tuning Link facilty later this year

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jackets..

What is a TuneBoy.. ?

Also, one thing, we should be hassling dealers to get Benelli clothing.. Lets not bog down Johno in such mundane things.. better to keep him free for important stuff.

Ill be training up the dealer I get the bike from to get me the Jacket :)

Daniel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Prooiler?

BTW AussieVTR, are you running a Pro-Oiler or ScottOiler on your bike? Im not that great at maintenance, and was thinking of getting one fitted.. The Pro-Oiler is apparently "the one"

Daniel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Prooiler?

Daniel, I'm using a ScottOiler. Cheaper than the Pro-oiler, but not as precise.

The Pro-Oiler uses the speed sensor to dose the chain, dependant on distance covered. The Scott-Oiler doses according to viscosity - ie. temperature.

From what I can see (and I may be wrong), the ScottOiler uses a LED display to let you know the rate it is currently set at. An LCD would be easier to see in direct sunlight.

(The Pro-Oiler uses a computer to count speed sensor pulses and operates the pump accordingly. I reckon it should also be used to calibrate the speedo. Mine reads 10% high. If the current speedo pulse rate is known, a calibration factor could be applied and a new pulse train sent to the speedo.
I have a mate with a Falco who is considering doing just that. A suitable pump is available from our Kiwi friends.)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts