Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After recent outing to Almeria without the track fairing on (as left it far too late to fit as was just too busy) have umm'd and ah'd if I can be bothered now have taken the Tornado on the track in its posh clothes.
So have decided that need the room back in my garage so the track fairing is now for sale (I shall prob regret it when I bin it next outing!).

This is the full Skidmarx fairing as found on their web site:
http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/section/bodywork/race_trackday/other.html

i.e. both full race fairing including screen as well as the tail-piece.
The kit comprises 5 pieces:
2 x Uppers
1 x Tailpiece
1 x Screen
1 x One-piece lower with filled in catch tray
Also includes dzus fasteners.

The side stand can still be used with the design without any further cutting required.
You use the original seat... i.e. no piece of carpet underlay glued on the fibreglass as some track fairings seem to come with!

The tailpiece might make a good project on its own for single seat conversion.

Its finished in white as per pictures. Up to you whether you get it sprayed or not... if you do you can get it to look like ir_fuels pictures (see this post: http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2025). Note that ir-fuel permanently fixed the uppers together and glassed over the join before spraying.
I did fit some of the pieces and then ran out of time before going to Almeria, so they have never been outside my garage.

For quick sale £365+postage... quite a saving on both pieces. Collection welcome.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Dino,
in the middle picture I see a bike cover that is exactly the same as the one that came with my Tornado, is that just a coincidence or were they sold specially for the Nellis, just wondered if you knew, cheers Steve.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dino,
in the middle picture I see a bike cover that is exactly the same as the one that came with my Tornado, is that just a coincidence or were they sold specially for the Nellis, just wondered if you knew, cheers Steve.
Co-incidence... pretty sure I got it from Hein-Gericke - quite a few years ago now.. it was keeping my VFR dust free until it was replaced by the RS.

I'll let the new owner of the track fairing come forward of their own volition :p

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
who who who who who who who who :rolling:

i bet its someone who wants it for a track bike :rolling:

but do we care :rolling: ?

ok so who won the le flasher relay on ebay :rolling:

come on own up lol

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yep - I am the new owner of the trakday fairnigs collected from Dino on Tuesday.

Bike is still for sale but if no "sensible offers come in by April'10 it will be made into a track day bike and keep all the road going bits prisitne for the ocasional road trip - Scotland in May!

I'm putting all the parts together over the winter if/when they become available at reasonable prices.

will post pics if/when completed.

heers Nigel

·
Fyule
697 Posts
good plan Nigel, get the parts when cheaper and available. I do hope you keep the 1130 Nigel, such a good bike, and if it has track fairings etc maybe you'll be happier taking it out on the track.

Of course it also means you'll still have the beats for the scottish trip:ele:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts