Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I want to put higher viscosity oil in the forks on my 1130 Tre-K.

The problem is that I need a tool to fit the fork caps.

I have tried asking at MOTO GB but it looks like my questions are being ignored.

Is it likely to be this:

[R180297129000 RING NUT REGULATION TOOL]

Any information will be gratefully accepted.

Cheers

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Curious as to why you want to change the oil coz I think the forks are brilliant. Loads of feedback and just compliant enough to deal with lumpy British tarmac.

Ash

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi AshleyC and robin

I also ride a Ducati 748:D :D :D :D :D and an early Yamaha R1:D :D :D :D :D which are both set up fine for my riding.

Compared to these I find the forks on my Tre-K are well underdamped for my style of riding.

Thicker fork oil is my first (Cheapest) option.

If this does not do it for me it's a trip around the corner to Kais.

That tool looks like it would do the job if it fits.

I'm going to email the seller to get some dimensions.

Cheers lads

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Surely the Tre-K has off-road pretensions, so the forks are going to be softer, with longer travel and lighter damping, than an R1 or 748...?:confused:

Cheers
Ian

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Surely the Tre-K has off-road pretensions, so the forks are going to be softer, with longer travel and lighter damping, than an R1 or 748...?:confused:

Cheers
Ian
This is true but stiffening the dampening can help, especially for normal road use.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I know what you mean Holty, it all depends on how you ride your bike. And you can ride the Trek surprisingly hard. When you push the TreK hard(like on your sportsbikes) through tight twisty roads the front end is too soft. And they dive hard under heavy braking too.It can be scary at times, especially when you come in to a corner too hot or you need to pull up quickly in traffic.

I have a Amazonas so i just crank up the preload to stop the diving and the compression for cornering. Fully adjustable is very handy.:D

Nice collection of bikes by the way.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
until yesterday i was quite happy with the suspension on my trek ,for the 1st time ever i had the front end squirming about under heavy breaking in dry conditions ( i actually put it all down to DOCTOR RUSS for making me such a great motor as i am traveling a lot faster in and out of corners due to the new mappings thanx again Russ ) if this continue`s i will look at either some form of progressive spring set up which in the past has been a very good happy medium especially as the roads i am usually on are so bad .My m8 was on his zx10r and he complained that his teeth were being knocked out lol so full sport set up is not the way near me unless you like sitting on motor ways ,.there is an easy cost effective answer for me SLOW DOWN no no i dont think so lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts