Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Boys & Girls, Taking Delivery Of My RS Next Saturday, It Goes Of To Dream Machine Race Paints The Following Monday For The Same Paint Job As The Bike Pictured, Ill Post The Photos Of The Bike When Its Completed. Hope You All Like It

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I think that paint scheme will suit a red RS very well. Look forward to the pictures. :)

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks be to god !!!!!

I think that paint scheme will suit a red RS very well. Look forward to the pictures. :)
i was dreading negative feedback from benelli pureists, i know its not a recognised nelli colour scheme but i fell in love with it, lets hope all the coments are positive!!!!!:doh: :clap: :bow:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Nice paint job that you've picked there Leon:bow: Don't forget to get red rim tape around those wheels too:D

Al:D

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RED RIM (tape)

Nice paint job that you've picked there Leon:bow: Don't forget to get red rim tape around those wheels too:D

Al:D
Dont worry mate, planing on rimming tonight.....& ill do the wheels on the bike too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolling: P.S. glad you like the paint job:clap:

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dream Machine

Dare I ask whats the damage ?
Not too bad mate, got a quote from Dream Machine Race Paints for £1050.00,
that includes picking up the bike & returning it once its complete, with a turnaround time of 2-4 weeks. The guy at my local bike shop knows the rep & he thinks he can get it down to £900.00
(HAPPY DAYS!!!)
its going to be such a buzz, not only will i have a bike that most people have never seen, it will have a unique paint job too.:cool:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Not too bad mate, got a quote from Dream Machine Race Paints for £1050.00,
that includes picking up the bike & returning it once its complete, with a turnaround time of 2-4 weeks. The guy at my local bike shop knows the rep & he thinks he can get it down to £900.00
(HAPPY DAYS!!!)
its going to be such a buzz, not only will i have a bike that most people have never seen, it will have a unique paint job too.:cool:
Not too bad you should try and sort out a headlight cover to finish it off cant wait to see the paintjob finished.When I had my Aprilia RSV I was going to get a rep done by Altamura they dont use decals they paint em !!!

http://www.altamura.co.uk/

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
altamura

Not too bad you should try and sort out a headlight cover to finish it off cant wait to see the paintjob finished.When I had my Aprilia RSV I was going to get a rep done by Altamura they dont use decals they paint em !!!

http://www.altamura.co.uk/
what sort of money did they quote you mate?????? dont mind paying the extra for a pucker job, you mentioned a headlight cover, any clues where you can pick one up????:)

·
Registered
513 Posts
what sort of money did they quote you mate?????? dont mind paying the extra for a pucker job,
Never got that far as the bike was written off, just give them a call they are really nice guys.I found them in PB magazine in a feature they were respraying a Rizla Suzuki paint job from Dream machine that had bubbled.....If i can find it il scan it off for you.Just think if you get the headlamp protector painted at the same time would give it a real race bike look !!

They have already painted a Benelli go to one of the last pages of the gallery

http://www.altamura.co.uk/altcncpt_gal1.asp

not sure its to my taste !!!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Never got that far as the bike was written off, just give them a call they are really nice guys.I found them in PB magazine in a feature they were respraying a Rizla Suzuki paint job from Dream machine that had bubbled.....If i can find it il scan it off for you.Just think if you get the headlamp protector painted at the same time would give it a real race bike look !!

Hmm yes interesting choice... if someone wants that effect I have a much cheaper suggestion - leave it outside for a british winter!

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Altamura

Spoke to paul at Altamura today, he is sending me a quote on monday, he gave me a ball park figure of £1200. he explaned that dream machine use decals that are over-lacquered & that they do the whole thing with paint & airbrushes. he has invited me down to the workshop next week for a cuppa & a tour. i think that dream machine have lost customer & altamura have gained one. There web site is well worth a look, they have done work for Sir Dickie Branson!!!! have a look at the Boat with the Training shoe paint job.
Thanks for the tip mate:bow:

·
Registered
513 Posts
No probs,they delt with my Aprilia write off like I said top blokes really good to deal with.:D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts