Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you believe it, arranged to take bike into dealers to have the panels replaced again on saturday morning. I,ve been on holiday for 2 weeks so its the first run out for a while so not going that quick, peels off roundabout and a F**king BT van pulls of the kerd on the righthand side and continues into my lane bollocks cannot stop in time and whallop straight in to the rear quarter of the van me and bike sliding down road. He pulled up further down the road and came running towards me uttering the immortal words sorry mate i did not see you. After a few choise words from me and exchanging details rode what was left of bike to the dealers for a insurance claim. Just to let you know I,m ok just brused ribs and fingers but the bikes a mess as are the leathers and helmet (another claim).

I am begining to think this bike is jinked but i still love it!!

Let you all know the outcome later

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mechs vs bone

Sorry to hear about tha mate. Fortunately you are okay. Here is an idea for you: See if they will write the bike off and get you a brand new one since the prices have come down. A new bike may change you luck and you will have a spanking new ped to ride!!! Get some rest mate and heal up. Glad you are okay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jesus Steve

your cursed, did you ever piss off any italian grandmothers ??

Major bummer, still you can twiddle your thumbs with me
:b

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unlucky buddy!

Sorry Steve,

I thought I'd posted a reply on this ages ago and came in here to see if you had updated us all with your progress, insurance claim etc to realise that I've not posted at all:eek :rolleyes

Anyway mate, now that I'm here, how are things with yourself? Any word yet as to what's happenening with you and the bike? I'm beginning to wonder if this bike is jinxed after all too mate. I kack myself everytime I go out on mine and think .... is today the day?

Just out of interest Steve ... who are you insured with?

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Unlucky buddy!

I'm ok just a few bruised ribs, bike looks like a write off £4600 estimate for repairs. I've now got bollocks with BT they are arguing that because i managed to to avoid killing myself and ran into the back of the van they are saying its my fault!!
Looks as though this is going to be a long haul to bet the bike back as I'm only 3rd party. Fair play to carol Nash they have appointed a solicitor to handle case who seem to be ok at the moment.

I'll keep you posted as the the progress

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Looks as though this is going to be a long haul
Sorry to read about your accident.
1st September 2004 - i had another bike t-bone me, braking by foot, ribs and wrote my bike off. He claimed full responsilbilty and even now I'm still waiting to be paid out. Insurance paid up for the bike but I'm still waiting reimbursement for the damaged gear (and any compo :\ )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Things are looking up BT insurance have view the bike and written it off, just waiting for thier first stupid offer but hopefully according to my solicitor the bike will be settled over the next couple of weeks. Christ knows how long it will take to get the cash for Helmet etc.

Still not sure of where to go with the new bike TRE,RS or TNT
What do you lot think!!:\

Al, noticed your reg on the recent photos first part is the same as I had did you get it from 3X july last year as when I picked mine up they said some one was coming down from up north to pick the other one up!

Cheers Boys

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts