Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
I know I'm going to sound like I'm bragging here but I far prefer the colour of my 1987 series 4 model which has done less than 550 miles since new.

This was one of the last Benelli Sei's ever produced.

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Happy to oblige on that one Duncan,

The next pictures are not of my bike, they are from an earlier model but they show the engine off pretty well don't you think.

·
1,841 Posts
Loverly !

Thats VERY NICE Laurence !
Do you keep it in the front room ??
Have you had it long ?
Have you done any restoration ?
Does it sound nice ?
:ele: :ele: :ele: :clap: :)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I've seen it in the flesh lads and I have to admit that it looks even better when you see it with your own eyes. Not my cup of tea mind you but each to their own I suppose:) I don't think you ride it if I'm correct Laurie although I notice that you have it taxed until the end of the year;) Get on it man and I'll come down and shoot some video with me ol' helmet cam. Christ, that rhymes ... let's hope Lloyd doesn't read this post or he'll be off on one:rolling:

Al (Glad to be back:p)

·
1,841 Posts
Helmet cam

Hay Al, Hope your bike is back and sorted soon. This helmet cam ? what do you plug it into to record etc and what would it cost ? Have you got any videos on youtube or similar yet ???????????:)

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Thanks for your comments guys. I stumbled over it last year and couldn't resist it.

It's completely original and has been in storage for most of it's life, all I needed to do was replace some of the rubber hoses which had perished, balance the carbs and give it a little service.

It's taxed and tested but I keep it for 'extra special days' during the summer and then take it round the block a few times. Part of the attraction is the very low mileage and I don't want to rack up too many miles on it. Bloody thing sounds like a V8 when I fire it up though but the engine is a smooth as silk.

Apparently, Italian salesmen used to demonstrate how smooth the engine was on them by standing a cigarette on it's end on the fuel tank and then revving the engine full blast. (must try that on my TRE sometime!!!)

Not my cup of tea mind you but each to their own I suppose
Al, when you get to my age mate you'll learn to appreciate the finer things in life :rolling:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts