Benelli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time is here for my French trip,:D I have put on new tyres (o4's) new brake pads and a new chain made up a luggage rack for the back (will post a picture Monday) and had it serviced………………. On thursday we are heading from Calais to Riems down to Troyes, Dijon, then Grenoble and onto the Route Napoleon, the Napoleon is the best 180 miles of bike road in France (possibly Europe). just before Cannes we will turn towards Avignon, to Nimes, and Montpellier Going across the Millau bridge highest in Europe:eek (where the clouds are below you) then back up towards Clermont Ferrand and Orleans going through the Massif Central (500 miles of bikers heaven):lol then finally up to Rouen and back to Calais the round trip is about 2000 miles and were doing it over 6 days. The only other Italian bike (mmmmmm) going is a 1000cc Brutale titanium so I hope the CHINKALIAN bike doesn’t let me down.
vtxbrit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one VTX, could,nt even contemplate doing that sort of milage at the moment, can just about manage 30mls before my wrist ,s hurting to much.
have a nice time.;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have good trip VTX , we did somthing similar the last two years and the TNT ran fine8) the bridge is fantastic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
made it back Tuesday 2346 miles door to door (6 days):\ the tnt went well had slight overheating probs but air temp was over 38 deg it gassed up twice after filling with fuel, had to get my mates to push start me >: after the first hour every morning the front forks gave up and went like pogo sticks which affected the Handling>: , on the mid section of the napoleon route there were about 18 hairpin bends all one after the other (lost count after that) plus hundreds of switch backs I was completely f****d by the afternoon.:D The 192 miles took 5.5 hours I got 107 miles from 15 litres of fuel and ran out once. One of the group had a 1000cc brutale titanium (about £16000 of bike) beautiful look and sound and it went and handled unbelievably I wanted it but it was just to small for me I’m 6’-2” ( 1.88mtrs) the guy who owns it is 6” shorter than me but still looks big on it.
Both new tyres are well worn and I have to say the BT 014's were perfect. Finally on one stretch of private road:lol I rested my feet on the rear rests tucked down low and went for it. the screen showed159 mph (rev limiter came in to spoil the fun) will give it a clean up and check over this weekend until then my backside needs my car.:rollin :rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you had a good time VTX, did you get to ride the MV and if so which bike would you prefer to own?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love my TNT:) but the truth is at present I feel that if the mv fitted me I would be trading in as we speak....... it has all the best features of the TNT and loads more of its own:x the general build finish is alot superior, and it has adjustable everthing like a an expensive thoroughbred bike should. I love my Benelli:D ......... but have spent blood sweat and tears trying to make it reliable the mv does that from standard and is nearly as good looking as the TNT.
now my eyes have been opened to real quality and style please let the 2006/2007 benelli range be the answer to my prayers.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
French Trip

hel Tel didnt realise you went France....lugger bugger. man Id have loved to done that sort of mileage and ride!!!

whats the mileage on the TNT now? I know your a bit of a muff of sorry mile muncher so Im curious.

I clocked up 1100 miles in 4/5 days on my tre and the TT (I was there for 7 but she was a little err poorly for the first few) and found it unreal not to mention my riding speed/experience went through the roof but I did find I had a aching butt after a few days. Im sure your arse took quite a pounding lol :rollin sorry...

Dean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts