Benelli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As some of you might have read i am going to replace the chain on my bike, now i also wanted to replace the sprockets at the same time, but, and here is the clue, as opposed to the chain (which one can get from DID), the sprockets have to be ordered from Benelli, and honestly, i am a bit worried about the time those parts will take to get to my dealers (considering the fact that i have been waiting on an ordered slipper clutch for almost a year now :| ). So i was wondering, does anybody know any aftermarket brands of sprockets which fit the Benelli Tornado ? I dont seem to find any.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chain & sprockets

I found the countershaft was the same as a Ducati, I found a Ducati sprocket that fit, I had to grind down the centre of it though.

The rear sprockets I used were the Marchesini supplied items for their own rear wheel that I bought years ago for a Fireblade (I put it in a Firestorm).

The above were 520 size, which is what I preferred, chain is lighter & cheaper.

Sounds like you need a new dealer; I can help you with 15,16,36,38,41,42,43 original sprockets and a clutch basket if you want. :smokin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Sprockets

@Laurence: i contacted them, they only deliver original benelli parts and have none in stock (i quote:"We only sold 3 benellis so far and they are far from needing new chain/sprockets" ... tsss ... posers :hat ), and I live in Belgium so UK isnt really an option ;)

@Johnny: Seems my dealer seemed to have found a company which can deliver them so he ll have them this week ;) And wassup with that clutch basket? You lost me on that one ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: clutch

slipper clutch that is. Dunno what part of the clutch needs to be replaced for that, i m quite a nOOb on those matters ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Slipper clutch

The Tornado already has a slipper clutch, there is nothing wrong with the item in the bike, some are set up better than others though.

STM made a couple (coil spring and diaphram spring) of light weight replacement clutches for the LE dry clutch. The LE clutch actually works on a different principle than the 903/RS clutch; The LE says in slip mode all the time (hence an extremely light clutch lever pull), when the there is some load placed through the drive train, the internal ramp mechanism actually increases the clutch spring pressure to prevent slippage. I think this is a fantastic idea, when I saw it at the factory in '02, I thought all the Tornado's would have this design whether they be wet or dry versions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LE clutch

Although I haven't done any side by side comparisons, maybe the LE clutch might fit in the 903/RS's, you'd have to use the original wet-clutch plates but it just might work :)

Problem is, trying to get anything from Benelli at the moment; we just tried to order 20 oil filters with no luck, you guy's might want to stock up on fast moving parts while you can still get them from your dealer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oil Filters

Thanks to Engenia's post on the matching parts section, I did a bit of searching and the Hastings LF113 oil filter will also fit.

And best of all there is a Mazda oil filter (I think from the 323) that fits, and the price? I hear you ask.. $12.

cheers
Tax

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oil filter

Be careful guys, just because an oil filter has the similar dimensions and screws on, they may not have the same flow rates; if you were to do some internal engine damage, you may want to consider what warranty coverage you would have.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Oil filter

Johnny O,

What are the correct dimensions and flow rates for the Benelli oil filter?

Please share.

thanks
Tax

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oil filter dimensions

Stuffed if I know, can someone cut one open and tell me (if it is quantifiable :( )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oil Filters

In the past I've found the pattern oil filter manufacturers pretty helpful (I spoke to Fram, as best as I can remember) - there's a limited number of thread and casing sizes (both of which are easy to measure) and they can provide data on pressure drop vs flowrate, so pick the best one!
It would be very useful if someone could figure this out, as at the end of the day it's the one part that we all really need, even if the factory goes away.
I'll see if I still have the data sheets, but don't hold your breath!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts