Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a couple of threads on here about this but still need some advice please guys. I have recently started to get front brake judder/Shudder when braking quite hard, now you have to remember I recently had the front fork seals changed, which the guy who did them balanced them and set them up for me, I have also been to the IOM since then in all kinds of weather (in the same bloody hour !) and they were fine, so it's only the last couple of rides I've noticed this problem. Could it be something with the way the forks have been put back, ie, something tightend either too much or too little ? Or any other suggestions before I start crying ! :bawl:

Seriously though guys, I'm sure it's only they way something has been set up ?

:D

cheers,

Rob

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
From what you are saying Rob I would doubt it was anything to do with the fork seals, as all was well on the IOM trip.

Have you checked the engine mount which is prone to loosening off, as I believe this also creates the effect that you have described?

Have a look at this old post

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I had the same sorta thing a while ago and it was the engine mount bolt thing that had loosened off. Russ found and fixed it.. :clap:

On the other hand all you need to do is not use the front brakes.. :rolleyes: :rolling:

·
1,841 Posts
It is prob loose engine mounts,the front middle top is best fitted with a spacer (see Errols web) the ones that are at the side of the head often are loose,you have to remove fairing and rad air tubes to gain access.
Mine started to do the judder,if I cleaned the discs it seemed better for a little while,also if I adjusted the fork damping it changed the point when it juddered.
colin..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yep the boys have done good with the comments:clap: Rob check the engine mount as we have had no other issues with bearings etc etc.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Get allen (thats the man not the Key :D )on the case Rob but its a simple thing to check . if your up my way sunday and i'm in i can look at it if allens been busy .

·
Registered
256 Posts
Same thing happened on mine.....carried out the torque check and sorted it out.....beware the blue paint marks can be misleading so don't trust them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts