Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few weeks I noticed that the front end of the bike felt like it was skipping over bumps. Thought at first my new front tire was at too high a pressure. Noting that this was not it I checked the upper bracket bolt for the front engine mount and found it finger tight. I was able to tighten it but I did not look at the bracket to engine connections as that would have required further disassembly. Has anyone found these lower bolts loose as well? Also, I have seen the bracket on Engenia's site that permenantly corrects this problem, but I would like to wait until the end of the season, am I stuck tightening this thing all the time now???

Also, has anyone noticed their exhaust header scraped? I wrapped mine with header wrap over the winter and noted that the middle pipe was scraped/dented and dismissed it as previous owner foolishness. I looked the other day and noticed the header wrap had been ripped from another scrape. I do not recall jumping any curbs(?) or any other hoonery - any thoughts???

·
1,841 Posts
Dean, i had same problem,I found the front top bolt loose as yours,the lower bolts on the front bracket were ok. Unfortunatly I noticed mine being a bit juddery just before I went on a long ride to Nurbugring (I thought it was head race problem at first) By the time I was in Germany the judder was bad mainly when bracking !! On return I found the side mount on left loose(under the fairing) I tightened ,but still had judder under braking, the judder from engine movment had knackered the disc floating bobbins, which i had to replace. All ok now,but see Errols site to fit spacer to front bolt as original set up is poss to loosen.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Hi Dean,
I've got the shudder too lately, so I need to check those bolts. As for the exhaust, I ride some roads that have lots of dips and bumps, and my center header is literally flat on the bottom from hitting the pavement. I don't want to stiffen the suspension too much as it would make for a horrible ride. I just live with it.
cheers -
mark

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Do you have any speed bumps around where you stay Dean? I've noticed that you can pick up a 'ding' on the bottom of the middle header if you go over them at anything other than crawling pace. :mad:

·
Bruce
21 Posts
My Nelli Is Shuddering Too

Hi chaps,

I just had the same problem on my 2003 Standard Tornado Tre too. It began shuddering in the middle of nowhere in South African desert!

I checked Eugenia's site and was wondering what units the dimensions of the bracket are. Also, what does R8 mean?

The braket diagram is here: http://www.mso.anu.edu.au/~ekowald/10_Diagnostics/02_Frame/FrontEndKnock.html

Also, not being very handy with tools myself, where would I get a bracket like this fabricated?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce

·
5,929 Posts
.. was wondering what units the dimensions of the bracket are. Also, what does R8 mean?
Hey Bruce, units are millimetres. R8 means 8 mm radius.
I made mine out of a piece of steel water pipe.
If you've got a ruler, a hacksaw, a file & a vice, the jobs almost done.
The "46" dimension should be made to fit the frame snuggly. You don't want any slop, or it won't work.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Errol, what's the inside diameter of the pipe?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used 1/2" water pipe, so it would be about 1/2". Pretty sure the bolt is 8mm, so as long as the ID is > that, you'll be fine.
... and theres me getting my brother to make me one to drawing.

Whats that saying "Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe."

Ill forgo the 1.8mm specific wall size then. :rolling:

Aarron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts