Benelli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one bought the tools req to undo the centre fork nut and the big adjusting nut? I dont know if i can order them from taz or kjm, but my headrace is loose and i prefer to adjust myself as i have seen incorrect adjustments by sime dealers.
I was wondering if the tools are specific to the benelli only ?
by the way my bike goes in neutral perfectly,it was a little bit tricky but when i adj the slack correct it goes in great!
also my oil has stayed clear as new so i have not done the extra change that i planned.:D :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
tools

let us know how you go, The headstem socket I believe is a general available socket called a reverse hex, buy the adjuster nut , and for that matter the fork tops, loks like a benelli specific tool, I know the fork tops are different from a standard tre. keep us informed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tools

I think the part number for the tools are...

Headstem nut tool - R1801 9703 3000
Headstem bearing cap tool - R1802 9703 1000
Fork cap tool - R1802 9712 9000

I think they are the right decriptions for the part numbers, the parts catalogue only shows the parts in a very vague line drawing, sorry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: tools

Good luck Colin!!!!!

Taz told me they didn't have the correct tool...said they had to order it from Benelli....took 'em a month to get one...and they're a dealer!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts