Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody taken there TNT forks to bits? When I replaced my springs for the stiffer Hagon units I replaced the oil and did accurate levels as recommended. I was surprised to find that after priming and bleeding only 1 fork leg had damping? I know on some GP bikes they use to run compression on 1 leg with rebound on the other, but not with only 1 leg working. I have spoken to marzocchi UK who said they weren’t sure what spec the benelli TNT (stnd) had but they did say that if the customer requested the above set up to save costs they would have done it, if this is the case then our front forks are like having a Ferrari body with a Skoda engine fitted. Hmmmm!>:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi vtx i'm not sure but i think some Ducatis used to run with only one leg adjustable. It does seem a shame that they (Benelli) did it that way though. Marzocchi must have set the shims up to be able to cope i spose, but i was wondering if the stiffer springs would reduce the limited adjustment thats already there, did you have to adjust the damping much?
good write ups by the way

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My gp bike has some of the finest forks in the world. They are made by WP and one fork leg does rebound and the other does compression. There is nothing wrong with this. If you look at the physics of the set up, both fork legs are held together by the triples and can not move independent of each other. This set up works quite well.

Joel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joel, I agree that 1 leg for compression and the other for rebound is plenty good enough, but the TNT set up is all on one leg only, with the other doing nothing?................
However after thinking about it I’ve never had the front let me down (the backs stepped out a few times) and with the stiffer springs I don’t get the over diving any more so I guess i'm happy:\
terry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
changing fork springs

Hi

I went to change my fork springs for the Hagon progressive ones, then wondered how I get the caps off. I've never seen a fitting like it, and I have no idea how to remove them without butchering them. Do I need a special tool, or is there a trick? Any advice appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: changing fork springs

Robin, I had to make up a tool to remove the caps,dont know if there is one available from the dealers. I can give you the centres of the pins,etc if you wanted to make one yourself, the tool I made only locates on 3 of the holes but I think you could get away with locating on 2
my caps were not that tight (they dont have to be)
terry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fork springs

thanks Terry, I'll give it a go at the weekend. BTW, I got rid of my plastic bars on the fans, fingers crossed. I've got some Aprilia V twins, which use almost identical fans, but the plastic bars are much further apart. And of course the radiators face in a sensible direction...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts