Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone's STUPID TWITS idea here in OZ has decided that we should have front number plates for the 550 thousand motorcyclists that enjoy riding these crapy roads.instead of fixing the roads here and reducing accidents for cars and bikes,they want to spend around 70 million dollars to put front plates on bikes.
tell me how F***ED is that.:mad:

·
Registered
380 Posts
We had front plates in the UK till the 60's when it was deemed that the plate constituted a knife edge when hit in an RTA.
Are you sure its not just a working paper exercise?
I believe all of the world except Australia thus found the front plate dangerous.

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well for now its paper exercise but we should find out next month i think.
australia to got rid of the front plate years ago but now someones decided to bring it back in.when i get the AMCN mag tomorrow i'll see if i can post the story about it.

·
5,934 Posts
I think they'd need a damn site more than 70 mil to implement it. It'd cost a couple hundred grand just to redesign the front fairing of the Tornado, to put in a mounting point.

Can't see it happening.

Of course, they could come up with flexible stick-on ones, but we could all just refuse to attach them. They gonna take 550,000 motorcyclists to court for unpaid fines? Think not.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I heard you may have to stick them on your helmet. Which means, embarrasing trouser dropping roadside checks. :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Front number plates have been on the table for years. There are some dickheads in VicRoads driving this who have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts