Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it happens when there cold,but i'm not applying very lightly. it happens when your going at a nice pace aswell,untill they heat up but still happens a little bit
i test road a Z1000 on monday it's got radial(nissian)brakes,
and they worked really well even on warm up mode.

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
has any one got a shudder in the front brakes when braking
mine do, its a sport with radial on it.:confused:.
Interesting MW, I have the same problem on my sport, noticed it when touring Belgium 2 weeks ago, light braking makes the front judder (particularly when braking on a slope) thought it was the floating disk as there was lots!!! Of movement on the rivets.
After spending time on investigating we lifted the front of the bike so the wheel was of the ground and pushed and pulled the front forks, noticed there was about 3 or 4mm of movement on the bottom legs, the head stock bearings seemed ok, wheel bearing seemed ok, so the free play must be coming from the actual forks, reddogs have looked and agreed and have now spoken to Brian at kjm about replacement legs.
Looked at the marrazocci web site and downloaded the tech manual, the slider bearings are ptfe/nylon collars so maybe there is a fault in manufacturing?

·
Registered
50 Posts
has any one got a shudder in the front brakes when braking
mine do, its a sport with radial on it.:confused:.
Hello,

when you say shudder do you mean a physical movement of the front fork? Mine doesn't do anything (2006 Sport) except a slight acoustic ticking noise when I break light.

Regards

Mark

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G'day vtxbrit
thanks for the info,i'll go test mine.

Mark,when it shudders it feels like the forks are moving.moved the forks and there not. so i was thinking it could be warped disks.
it's got me beat

·
463 Posts
Mine had the ticking noise when it was new but it never affected the bracking, however in the last couple of months mine is now doing the shudder thing, i just put it down to warped discs.

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Mine had the ticking noise when it was new but it never affected the bracking, however in the last couple of months mine is now doing the shudder thing, i just put it down to warped discs.
When braking lightly at slow speeds my 05 TNT sometimes feels like the brakes are gripping, the not then gripping, then not etc, etc……. feels like warped discs but after I clean the discs and pads with brake cleaner there better.
What I’m feeling on the sport is a definite judder with a knocking which you can feel through the bars
(Like a worn wheel or headstock bearing) there is a distinctive harshness/rattle when going over bumpy surfaces
And as I have already said I can feel horizontal movement (which you shouldnt) in the front forks.
Keep you posted

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
I had a judder from the front on the tre, Russ had it in and found the front engine mount loose so the engine went forward under braking. It may be worth looking at

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts