Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there people

can anyone tell me if its possible to get a smaller front sprocket for the tre-k, i'm wanting a 15 tooth front to make slow speed and off road easyer as i find the engine chuggs along at speeds under 15mph in first gear

thanks mat

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Matt,

What chain size are you using 520 or 525?

Mind you, a 15 tooth front sprocket is available for either at around £20 + shipping :clap:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

not sure on chain size as its on standard gearing at the moment, what dose the tre-k amazons come with ?.

do i buy the item through you or will you send me some details

thanks mathew

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Standard chain fitting will be 525 Matt.

I can only get it for that price if I add it onto a larger order from the same supplier so I'll take note of your interest and get back to you when I can justify an order.

Send me an email so I can contact you at the time [email protected]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

does no one else do them as i was after one asap as its a pain to ride slipping the clutch all the time at slow speeds and will end up costing me a clutch.

thanks mathew

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I'll let you know Terry, what size of sprockets are you after?

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Matt, GroupBuy's take bloody ages to put together so if you are looking for one in a hurry you'd be better trying Russ at Bennetts Motorcycles as he may have some in stock

·
Registered
146 Posts
Standard TRE/RS sizes would be fine for me.. Nelly did 14k miles last year, only to be put off the road about 3 weeks ago -- so the existing chain and sprockets are looking a bit rough...

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Will do Mark but how many teeth do you want on it and what type chain are you running? 520 or 525

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
done it at last

got round to fitting the smaller sprocket, wow what a wheely toy it is now, much nicer at slower speeds and are now entering junctions in second not first and not having to slip clutch below 15 mph

the link to shop is http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Speed-Force

its in germany but will post uk

thanks mathew

1 - 15 of 15 Posts