Benelli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AndrewT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Had to get the beast out, was craving for a ride.

All was good :) except the speedo displayed 36mph and the mileometer was not altering for the first 45 miles.
? is this a commom problem, I know about the trip and clock.

Andrew T:

·
5,898 Posts
I've heard of it, but it's not common.

Not sure about the fixed speed, but if it were just the odometer, I would suspect the connections to the speed sensor. If this were intermittent, it may also explain the speed display.

Try disconnecting the 20 pin plug on the back of the dash, then re-connecting 30 seconds later. This will reset it, and may, or may not, fix it.

Then do the same for the sensor connector. It lives just behind the gearbox.

If yours is a Rev A dash, you could expect engine temperature display anomalies as well.

·
224 Posts
Could you not just disconnect the battery for a bit of time, then reconnect it to reset everything????

I also agree with disconnecting, cleaning and reconnecting all electrical connectors involved.

So dielectric grease on the connectors will help keep moisture out of the contacts....

:)

:bow:

·
5,898 Posts
Daotoys - yep, disconnecting the battery will reset it, but it won't clean the contacts for you. For that you'll have to unplug it, and reconnect it.

Grease is a great idea. Keep the air & moisture from the joint & it won't corrode.
Or you could ride more often, & the vibes will keep them clean (mostly).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts