Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since owning my tornado its been a love hate love affair with core plug going and it uses so much fuel i'm looking at travelling round with a petrol tanker . latest thing is below 3,000rpm it cuts onto two cylinders and chimes back in and runs great all the way to the redline,work commitments had made it not possible to take plugs out,change drain on air box which i'm sure will cure it as per mentioned on here. I did think with a thrash that if it was water collecting in a plug it would clear but nope extensive period at triple figures for few minutes still runs crap at low revs but took my anger away (clear road of course). I love the bike but i did shout the other night in frustration "5,000 miles and its running like a bag of crap ! its going on ebay".just bought new riding kit to go with it so dont know but i'll get the plugs changed and clean up coils et'c and hope it runs better. something else is clocks have come up with H2O and flashing red warning light but waters fine and after removing battery lead it resets and hasn't appeared again for a while - guess its a clock or sensor thing ! ho hum .:bawl: .After three aprilia milles i'm used to italian foibles but not with such regularity.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Take it to the Russmeister of Bennetts in Barnsley - I know he will make it run as sweet as a nut !

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorting the misfire priority !

yep met russell and it may be the way to go as i've put in a request to get clocks done under warranty. thnx for that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
frustratrion tears and kicking the dog

angledangle,only had my 05 tre for three weeks and experiencing the same symptoms of running on 2 cylinders, just about to clean centre coil and replace plug,let us know how you get on with yours at rusty's as i'm thinking of travelling the 190 miles for service and problem sorting if above does not work. new to benelli and forum so all information is much appreciated

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Same answer from me - Speak to Rusty Russ - What that guy doesnt know bout the Nelli's prob aint worth knowing - plus he is a decent fella too

(Now surely I get a ticket for that brown nosing eh Russ??) :rolling: :rolling:

Only messin Russ

Seriously though - you need a dealership that you can take your bike to that you can trust its going to get the attention it needs and having dealt with one other before I found Bennetts, then I liken it to a premiership footballer v pub team footballer

There are other decent dealerships out there - plenty get raved about on here regular - it depends where you are based

1 - 5 of 5 Posts