Benelli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Winton last weekend to see Cole race the TnT and meet the Oz importers. Great day all round.

Worked out I'm getting around 12.6k's per liter on my '06 TnT Sport on average in power mode. That's about 35.5 mpg (Imperial not US gallon) in the old scale.

With a tank capacity of 16.5l this gives a max range of approx. 208ks which isn't that much. Must admit, I'm in need of a rest before then anyway - dam seat :)

Also replaced my grips with hard foam Guzzi items. Had to remove the ridges at each end of the throttle base to get them to fit but well worth it - pic in gallery.

Cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
130 Posts
well,, i can considered yourself as a lucky one,, i can only do 100km approximately in normal low power mode with the 13-14 litres,, just when the fuel light comes in... i don`t know how u guys manage to do so much kilometers

i`ve got a cafer racer 06 model.

was like that since i bought it..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I consider you either very fortunate or a very conservative driver (no offense). My '04 TNt would make about 120km to reserve in town and around 170km on an open road. My '06 cafe Reacer does about the same.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the consumption figures on my trip to Winton which is roughly a 480k round trip. Most of the trip was at 100 - 110 and at the speed limit :( The only place it's safe to play in Victoria anymore is in the corners. There are just too many dam revenue cameras & radar guns around :mad:

Mike

·
Registered
130 Posts
maybe when i`ll put the bike on the dino and tune it, it will be better..

i do drive quite nicely and still do around 110km before i hit the reserve,,

never more than that..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Actually the reserve part of the tank is larger than we are used to. It's probably around 4.5 lt which means we've got 11.5 lt until the reserve light comes on. I was told this by the Benelli Export Manager Mr. Oliver Glacer last year when he visited Greece - he has since left Benelli.
The reason he gave was the German market where petrol stations on the Autobahn are far and few between.

·
3,082 Posts
fuel

Yo arnaud i might bite the bullet and get a pc and dyno tune it at supercycles. I hear that all the tnt fuel isnt perfect due to emissions regs

·
Registered
50 Posts
Actually the reserve part of the tank is larger than we are used to. It's probably around 4.5 lt which means we've got 11.5 lt until the reserve light comes on. I was told this by the Benelli Export Manager Mr. Oliver Glacer last year when he visited Greece - he has since left Benelli.
The reason he gave was the German market where petrol stations on the Autobahn are far and few between.
Hello, my Sport consumes pretty constand 8ltr/100km. I have to admit that I am still within the first 1000km. The light for fuel reserve is really annoying to flash so early. The digital bars though work quite well once they start reacting.

Best regards

Mark

·
Registered
209 Posts
Fuel consumption is an often talked about thing in bike forums. I think what would be useful to people who like to play with numbers :) would be if people listed kilometres per litre or miles per gallon, rider weight, type of riding, and finally how many kms you expect to get from your tyres which is a good gauge of how hard you ride. For example, on my Aprilia it would be

10kms/per litre
80kgs
city commuting
25,000 Diablo Corsa's

Man, I have way too much time on my hands :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts