Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have read a few remarks on this site regarding poor fuel consumption.
My TNT1130 only gets about 160 Kms out of a tank , but I have seen where some guys get up to 300 k's
I asked the guys that have been servicing my bike, and was told to contact Competition Conversions in Adelaide who can fit the Power Commander to the bike.
Dave ( the tech ) told me he didn't think the power commander would give me an extra 100 ks and suggested a trial run ( at a cost of course ) on the dyno to see if there will be enough benifit to purchasing this item.

I also asked him if the Power switch would mean that he would need to do two seperate settings , or if the one reset would take care of both modes.. he was uncertain because he is not familiar with the benelli setup.

I would also like to know if the intake 'Flaps' should be removed before I have this done.

Now -- re the costs The PC111 A$525 + 44.00 to fit + 300 to tune .. total $869.00 OUCH !:rolleyes:

if any of you know the answers, I would apprecate your advice.

thankyou .. Con

·
6,173 Posts
Try the Motty AFR Tuner instead of the PC3. The AT is what transformed my 900, and you get to define your own AFR Maps. No dyno time needed.
You'll have to leave your 1130 power switch in 1 position though, or the AT will get start correcting itself every time you change it.
If you add a map switch to the AT, you can have 2 maps. I set 1 to economy/transport, the other to "head down bum up"

Talk to Pilgrim. He's got it on his 1130, & very pleased with it.
I think banaanipoeg (Tambet) has one on a CR.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Errol
I'll catch up with Chris and have a good talk to him about it -- we went for a ride together a few weeks ago and he said something about remapping the bike and you sent a tuner to him to help set it up, but as I have little experience with this electronic world I didn't fully pick up what he was telling me.:doh:
Will talk to him before I go spending any big bucks , that's for sure!

rgds CON

1 - 5 of 5 Posts