Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, As I'm still quite new to owning a Benelli Tornado tre, although I think having clocked 1200 miles in two months ain't too bad, could anyone give me an idea of fuel economy I should expect for this bike, I'm aware it's got an 18 ltr fuel tank but what sort of range could I expect from a full tank, assuming I'm sticking to the Speed limits, which of course I allways do !!!! :rolling:

I am also trying to work out how far I can travel once the fuel light comes on as I recon I'm getting about 35 miles to the gallon ( 7.8 miles a litre?)

Does that sound about right ? :D

many thanks

Rob

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
sounds good. I get about 28 to the gallon although i ride it like i stole it :)

i find mine prefers the full blooded 98RON to the 95RON

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers

Cheers for that, I'm only assuming that's correct by the calculations I've done, but Maths was never my best subject, even working a calculator takes thought, :rolling: I keep meaning to log my miles and litres I fill up with but keep forgetting to do it.

I have about three different groups of lads I choose to ride with but two of the groups only tend to tootle about at around 70mph whereas the other group I go out with do like to motor, but they don't come out to play enough :doh: so it means I have to entertain myself if I fancy a blast.

I could do with finding out what other Tornado's are in my area and maybe meet up for the odd ride.

thanks anyway

Robfm

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
5,934 Posts
.. could anyone give me an idea of fuel economy I should expect for this bike..
Rob, I've had Nell for 1282 days, travelled 49186 km, and put 3,966 litres of mostly 95 RON into the tank.
Best ever mileage was 50 mpg (imperial)
Worst was 28 mpg
Average is 35 mpg (12.4 km per litre, or 8.08 litres / 100km)

Best economy is around 130 kph, when travelling with a group on a highway - the Hume, in the case of the 50mpg.

(As you can see, I log everything!)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fuel economy

Fair Play, Although you sound like you have an OCD ! Have you thought about seeing a Doctor :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

How far do you recon you can get once the fuel light comes on, I think the first time it came on I filled up quite quickly and it took about 13/14 litres so I assume I should be okay for about 30 miles or so, depending how I ride.

Anyway, thanks for you comments,

Rob

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Fair Play, Although you sound like you have an OCD ! Have you thought about seeing a Doctor :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

How far do you recon you can get once the fuel light comes on, I think the first time it came on I filled up quite quickly and it took about 13/14 litres so I assume I should be okay for about 30 miles or so, depending how I ride.
Dodgy territory LOL
20 miles is a safer estimate. I ran for 26 one night and sluttered to a halt a mile from fuel. An incline was the last straw and no shaking of the bike at that moment made any difference. The 26 mile was ridden with great throttle care also :-(

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
Cheers for that, I'm only assuming that's correct by the calculations I've done, but Maths was never my best subject, even working a calculator takes thought, :rolling: I keep meaning to log my miles and litres I fill up with but keep forgetting to do it.

I have about three different groups of lads I choose to ride with but two of the groups only tend to tootle about at around 70mph whereas the other group I go out with do like to motor, but they don't come out to play enough :doh: so it means I have to entertain myself if I fancy a blast.

I could do with finding out what other Tornado's are in my area and maybe meet up for the odd ride.

thanks anyway

Robfm

i keep trying to do that but every time i start the bike, the trip resets

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
i keep trying to do that but every time i start the bike, the trip resets
Mine rarely resets, I keep the bike on a Battery Tender ALL THE TIME. But even then, sometimes it resets anyway. Not for long, I have Engenia's nifty little dash UPS now and will be installing it as soon as I have the time.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi all, As I'm still quite new to owning a Benelli Tornado tre, although I think having clocked 1200 miles in two months ain't too bad, could anyone give me an idea of fuel economy I should expect for this bike, I'm aware it's got an 18 ltr fuel tank but what sort of range could I expect from a full tank, assuming I'm sticking to the Speed limits, which of course I allways do !!!! :rolling:

I am also trying to work out how far I can travel once the fuel light comes on as I recon I'm getting about 35 miles to the gallon ( 7.8 miles a litre?)

Does that sound about right ? :D

many thanks

Rob

Hi Rob this is an older thread m8 ref fuel economy here

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
5,934 Posts
.. you sound like you have an OCD ! Have you thought about seeing a Doctor
Don't talk to my missus about Nell. She would have had me committed years ago if I had given her power of attorney.
How far do you recon you can get once the fuel light comes on
At the point it comes on, and stays on (usually only a k or 2 after the first flash), I've got 50 km left around town. Frequently put in 17 - 18 litres :D .
I've only run out once though. http://www.engenia.com.au
but that was after having a particularly torrid time on the Reefton Spur:D :D :D , then spending the night on the Spirit of Tasmania:gulp: . By the time we got to Tassy, I'd forgotten about all the fun I'd had the previous day. Ah well. Made for an amusing picture.;)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
web site

I like you're web site, quite impressive and full of info, is that you in the photo Or the Tasmanian Devil ? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
(Forgive the pun)

I'm still checking my fuel at the mo. but made a mistake yesterday and forgot to record how much fuel I put in, :doh: I guess we all have our Numbty moments, some more than others.

I also notice you've been busy on the forum today..........

Cheers,

Rob

·
5,934 Posts
I like you're web site, quite impressive and full of info, is that you in the photo Or the Tasmanian Devil ? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
(Forgive the pun)
:bow: Handsome bugger isn't he:rolling:
I also notice you've been busy on the forum today..........
Just got back from a weekend in Sydney. We must have looked like idiots to the locals. 20°C, we're in short sleeves, and the Sydneyites are getting around in woolley jumpers. Didn't see any Bananna benders. Guess they were all home in bed with colds.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts