Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello you experts out there - I am need of some technical assistance :confused:

Over a year ago Russ waved his magic wand and loaded 6034 onto my LE and set CO to 2% with the standard exhaust. This resulted in faster pick up but when on part throttle without load the fuelling was not as good as 6033 :confused:

I then changed to the race exhaust and found performance a little crisper at the top end, except the part throttle performance was slightly worse, but fine :(

Unfortunately a year later and the round town jerkiness has got worse as well as constant throttle fuelling. Fortunately my local dealer was a Benelli agent some years back and so was able to reload the 6034 map and reset throttle and stepper motor today, but this has had no effect. :(

I have now put the standard exhaust back on to see if the higher back pressure improves matters. If this does not work then I may go back to the 6033 map again, which brings me to my question.

Can I load the 6033 map without having to change CO settings, etc.?

·
5,928 Posts
Over a year ago Russ waved his magic wand and loaded 6034 onto my LE and set CO to 2% with the standard exhaust. This resulted in faster pick up but when on part throttle without load the fuelling was not as good as 6033 :confused:

I then changed to the race exhaust and found performance a little crisper at the top end, except the part throttle performance was slightly worse, but fine :(

Unfortunately a year later and the round town jerkiness has got worse as well as constant throttle fuelling. Fortunately my local dealer was a Benelli agent some years back and so was able to reload the 6034 map and reset throttle and stepper motor today, but this has had no effect. :(

I have now put the standard exhaust back on to see if the higher back pressure improves matters. If this does not work then I may go back to the 6033 map again, which brings me to my question.

Can I load the 6033 map without having to change CO settings, etc.?
I reckon you need to set you CO again - 2% equates to an AFR of 13.8. Mine won't pull at low revs with this value. Jerks like crazy, especially when hot. I set the AFR to 12.5, which is pretty rich (maybe too rich), which equates to 5.5% CO. Maybe you could try 3.5% first (AFR 13.2), and see how that goes.
I wouldn't change the map to 6033. That's for the standard can. The race exhaust needs the 6034.

Changing the CO value, only affects the low rev performance, as far as I can gather. The map takes care of the rest.

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the advice :)

I will get hold of a CO2 analyser at the weekend and see what it is actually running at and then go from there.

As I said it runs like a dream once going, but too jerky at low revs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts