Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't gone away, my benelli has been at bennetts for over 3 months. They've diagnosed the problem is the fuel pump 🙄as the bike is running fine with their dummy tank set up.
They want to fit a new pump bu can't get hold of any,. The nice Germans at maniac motors have one, they want €1720 plus shipping, just so you know what sort of people they are.
I may be up for trying another used pump again as long as its in working order.
Any leads appreciated. I'm now seriously regretting this purchase and how a machine can be written off with such a simple failure.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
What is it you actually require, just the pump or the entire fuel pump assembly with filter fuel gauge sender etc.
The price quoted is out of this world !! I have a spare fuel pump assembly for a Tornado. I sourced one for Geoff Hall in Oz, Found it in Germany bought it and sent it . From memory it was under £200 including sending it halfway round the world.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I haven't gone away, my benelli has been at bennetts for over 3 months. They've diagnosed the problem is the fuel pump 🙄as the bike is running fine with their dummy tank set up.
They want to fit a new pump bu can't get hold of any,. The nice Germans at maniac motors have one, they want €1720 plus shipping, just so you know what sort of people they are.
I may be up for trying another used pump again as long as its in working order.
Any leads appreciated. I'm now seriously regretting this purchase and how a machine can be written off with such a simple failure.
Just the pump is about £30 on Ebay.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried to build a whole pump assembly out of parts 3 times, none worked. I bought a used complete assembly from ebay, it didn't work either, i would prefer the whole assembly in working condition as ive had that tank on and off around 20 times

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have tried to build a whole pump assembly out of parts 3 times, none worked. I bought a used complete assembly from ebay, it didn't work either, i would prefer the whole assembly in working condition as ive had that tank on and off around 20 times
Why dont you buy a new pump and give it to Bennetts to fit and get the bike running , Why dont they source a replacement pump ? It is a submersible fuel pump inside the tank, it does not know it is not a Benelli pump out of a Benelli bag. 12v supply and it pumps at 3 bar to the fuel rail, the injectors do the rest on command from the Ecu.
Did Bennets show you a video of the bike running on their suspended tank. surely they can work something out for you.
3 months ????

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't find a new "whole pump assembly" anywhere in the world online. I don't think bennetts want to rebuild my pump, which is daft as i could have fitted a whole pump assembly myself (with my eyes shut now).
I can't believe there's nobody in the country that wants to fix my pump.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The guy at maniacs is a dick and I told him as much
Do you want to try my spare complete pump. It is off an 1130 Tornado, was working perfectly , all you have to do is plug in the electrics and turn the ignition on if the electrics work on your loom , it pumps fuel .
I can not believe a failed pump has caused so much trouble.

·
6,093 Posts
Pity you can't drop by my garage in Canberra. I'm sure there's a way to get it running in short order.
It's not that complex - simply a pump, a pressure regulator and some hoses. If the housing isn't damaged I can't see why its taking so long to fix.
Even if the regulator is crook, it's simply a spring and a valve ......

BTW. I wouldn't get too upset with Alex. He's just following the rules of supply and demand. You don't have to buy from him.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pity you can't drop by my garage in Canberra. I'm sure there's a way to get it running in short order.
It's not that complex - simply a pump, a pressure regulator and some hoses. If the housing isn't damaged I can't see why its taking so long to fix.
Even if the regulator is crook, it's simply a spring and a valve ......

BTW. I wouldn't get too upset with Alex. He's just following the rules of supply and demand. You don't have to buy from him.
Too far and your government would probably shoot me on sight.
The bike is running perfectly from another tank/pump set up, the mechanic is rebuilding the pump assembly i bought from ebay. There may have been damage to it, i don't know the full story yet but he sounded hopeful.
The thing with Maniac, sorry but i just don't agree with that sort of thing, a small increase maybe but that's robbery. We had this when there was a shortage of building materials here last year due to covid. Guys were bulk buying, till it got capped, then selling for 4x as much, you don't have to buy but for some it meant no work if they had no materials, should be a law against it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts