Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you folks might like to know, I got bored yesterday, and decided to see how far my 900 TRE would go on reserve.
The fuel light normally comes on around 100-110 miles after filling, yesterday it came on at 103. Over 41 miles later, I am still riding around in ever decreasing circles getting fed up of waiting for it to stop. So, I filled up and took my spare fuel bottles home again. (Normal riding, didn't try and strech it out)

Seeing as the poor fuel range is one of the things that irritates me about the Tornado, this is good news - nearly 145 miles from a fillup. It took a whisker under 18 litres to fill again, bythe way, so the quoted tank volume is pretty close to reality.

I'll have another go soon, and run it absolutely dry, to see what I get!
Cheers
Neil

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Braver man than me!

One good thing is I only fill my tank up about once every two months at the moment.... not that this is a good sign of fuel economy, more that it is sat there not doing anything!

Andy

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Fuel range

Hi Larsen,

Was this with a stock map and stock silencer or have you got the race setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tax - Completely stock setup for that info....
I may repeat the exercise on the race can/map sometime, at least if the weather stays fine!
Cheers
Neil

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Fuel

I get about 150Km from a full tank with 6034 Race map and Benelli Sport Arrow ti exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts