Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed a 1000 mile trip which included France, Belgium and Holland.
Petrol stations being sparse in France and almost non-existant in Belgium I had some anxious moments caused by the TNTs 130 mile range.
Mine is an 05 model and is not fitted with the switch to change the mapping.
Does anyone use this and does it increase mpg when cruising on the motorway? And therefore is it worth having for this reason?
Sorry for BMW owner type question-I await your collective ridicule.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have an 07' CR fitted with the mapping button. In my experience economy (if economy is the right word for a bike that drinks feul like the TNT) is very similar in both modes. The biggest factor is how smoothly (steadily) you ride.

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
I would love to get 130 miles from a tank!!! :p my 07 sport is on fumes after about 100 miles..................It is also important to remember that the tank only holds 16.4 ltrs so if your getting 130miles to a tank thats 36mpg......... not to bad from a 3 cylinder missile :) :)
I have done europe 3 times a year for the past 8 years and apart from france on a sunday :doh: have to be honest and say that I have never had problems finding fuel stations, especially in Germany,belgium and luxembourg mind you the guys I ride with are tops for finding fuel stations in remote towns with names you can't even pronounce, come to think of it they also seem to be good at finding places where ladies like to sit on your lap and wriggle (they tell me it's a local custom)....And who am I to argue ;)

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
finding places where ladies like to sit on your lap and wriggle (they tell me it's a local custom)....And who am I to argue ;)
Had a good chuckle at this one.:rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Tezza, my brain stopped functioning when I read the word "ladies". :D

Al (trying hard not to think of lap dancers):rolling:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts