Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a little difficulty in working out the difference in the below Tune ECU Maps. Mainly as to why there is such a huge variation between the values in the tables. I believe that the numbers represent the amount of air each cylinder can expect for a given RPM and throttle opening, measured in milligrams, what I don't understand is why thereis such a difference in the values.

Currently, I'm running TNT01AU as the map, this was loaded on to the new ECU that was installed in my 07 (06 build) TnT1130
Font Rectangle Pattern Parallel Number

Colorfulness Rectangle Purple Slope Font

The values for this map seem to be significantly lower than for TNT02 or for TNT601, which are the other maps I'm considering uploading.

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Circle

Colorfulness Rectangle Black Slope Font

Font Monochrome photography Number Monochrome Rectangle

Colorfulness Rectangle Product Purple Slope

Considering that blue is meant to be lean, red "about right" and green rich, I'm confused on why the values for each table are so vastly different.

Sure, I could load the map and see what happens, but I'm more after an understanding around what I'm looking at here before I go messing with it too much.

I previously had TNT01 loaded and swapped to TNT601 as I was getting shocking fuel economy. That didn't solve the problem so I went back to TNT01, worked out it was the CO value that was the issue, and fixed that. Economy is ok now (not brilliant, but ok) but I prefer the power of the 601 map. I realise I'll likely have to borrow a CO meter and re-do the CO values when I load a new map.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I downloaded all the maps I could find, it would appear from what I can see, that the lower number maps (TNT01AU for instance) are for Sagem injectors, the larger number maps are for Bosch. This is likely due to either shorter pulse width, or different pressures (Though being they should have the same pump, I don't think it's the case.)

In any case, this is what I've come up with.

This is the original Map 1 from TNT01AU

Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Font Screenshot

And this is from TNT01AUF
Colorfulness Rectangle Product Azure Purple

Colorfulness Light Rectangle Slope Screenshot

As you can see, the AUF map has less fuel at lower RPM and throttle positions. So based on this, I've taken the base AUF Map and added it to "Map 1". Replacing what was there. I've also smoothed out some of the spikes in both maps on the TNT01AU hex file.

This is what I've come up with

Map 1

Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Font Screenshot

Map 0
Colorfulness Rectangle Product Purple Slope

Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Plot Font

So we'll see how we go with both economy and power before getting it on the dyno at some point when I can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts