Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those not familiar with my story I purchased a 2007 CR and have had issues since purchase with the injector (engine) warning light coming on in warm weather. On inspection the dealer indicated the issue was likely caused by running premium (98 RON) fuel and that I should try running a lower grade. I realise the handbook indicates 95RON or better but have agreed to try running 91RON for a while to see what happens.

Id appreciate comments on anyone who has heard similar before or currently runs a lower RON fuel.

Ive contacted (email) Benelli Italy to ask for they're feedback since this diagnosis cost me a few $ and disagrees with the handbook but have not had a response as yet.

Id appreciate any comments.

AJH

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea sorry. I havent splashed out for diagnostic equipment as yet. Based on the dealers comments i believe the fuel is only a theory but they indicated there were carbon deposits which lead them to this conclusion.

·
5,933 Posts
Carbon deposits where?

If you can hook up an Axione or Tuneboy, you can read out the logged errors. That'll point you to the fault. Then start looking for the cause. It'll be easier with something to base your assumptions on.:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
91 not recommended

i wouldn`t recommend the 91 octane,,, due to the compression ratio... i know that it can cause detonation in the VERY VERY bad.... better fuel as never caused any problem as far as i know...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next time I get the error Ill see if my local mechanic can run some diagnostics. I share the concerns about detonation hence why I asked if anyone else had tried this (or heard similar).
Ill switch to running 95RON as a compromise betweent the 98 Ive been running and the 91 they suggested.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
i wouldn`t recommend the 91 octane,,, due to the compression ratio... i know that it can cause detonation in the VERY VERY bad.... better fuel as never caused any problem as far as i know...
91 is the highest octane we get at the pumps in California. no problems here. but a higher Octane would be better for the high compression engines that they make today.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts