Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuelling,air sensor & ECU.

Further to the issue concerning air temp sensor positioning, with Johnny 0’s splendid work and some experimenting with mine, I think it is safe to say that the position of this sensor has a significant affect on the engine management system. After taking readings from the TNT ECU I have noticed that the ignition timing is not linear, simplified this means normally as the engine revs increase the ignition timing should advance to compensate and on initial starting or at low revs should also compensate, although I appreciate there are other factors within the engine set up that also affect ign timing. with initial tests it looks like this is not happening with the TNT,at the moment I have a theory (only a theory at present) ……….most fuel injected bikes have what is called a closed “loop system” this means the air temp sensor, the throttle sensor and the oxygen sensor ( sometimes called a lambda) which is normally mounted in the exhaust down pipe all talk to each other in a “closed loop” normally ignition and fuel settings are constantly monitored and modified as a result of these sensors ………..problem 1 the TNT doesn’t have a lambda sensor fitted so the loop is not “closed”. I know there are other bikes out there that run open loop systems, but the data is handled differently from the way Benelli appear to have set up the TNT management system.
Only sharing my thoughts at the moment, I know a real genius who's job is designing engine management systems I will try and let him loose on the TNT engine management system!
Big problem is trying to pin him down.
vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Issues :D

Terry it truly amazes me on your knowledge. The question is when ya gonna help me get my bike goin a little quicker.

ps you have way too much spare time!!!!!

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fueling,etc.

terry and johnnyo and all the other bright benelli riders out there.
please tell me what is causing my tnt"s chain to chatter like mad when i load her up in a high gear when accelerating.it soon smooths out but is annoying.is the chain too tight or too slack?when i put a 39 tooth rear sprocket on i wonder if that will help.surely they are all doing this right?
zebo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chatter

Ummmm....... don't load it up in top gear ;)

It's just the characteristic of the bike, the 39t sprocket may reduce it a touch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fuel etc

hi johnny,
it will be a shame if we cannot cure it though.i dont think i am being to fussy but it does take off the edge of an otherwise almost perfect bike.
when we are going for it not a problem,but when you are just accelerating away from a built up area or filtering through traffic it is annoying.
i normally do like to use the torque occasionally,especially being that we are two up most of the time.hopefully the larger rear sprocket will help.
i might even rig up a motocross style tensioner.
zebo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chainchatter

A previous bike had a similar sounding problem which turned out to be due to a tight chain link. I fixed the tightness and the problem went. I'm just outside Adelaide in South Oz and use the torque instead of high revs to keep up speed through the very twisty Adelaide Hills and Flinders ranges. The TNT has great low down torque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts