Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else noticed Ir_fuel (Joris) full set of plastics on ebay

item number 330122977084 - If anyone has a crash damaged Tornado then this is gonna be the cheapest way to sort it out bodywork wise !

If I had spare cash kicking around, I would buy them myself for spares !

Good luck Joris

·
Registered
34 Posts
A bit too soon.

Sadly I was knocked off of my Tornado yesterday morning damaging most of the fairing, front, back and sides!!!!
If the insurance company let me buy the bike back, I would really like to buy your full set. It may however take a little while to sort out.
I will give the insurance company a call in the meantime to find out their policy on this.
If you dont sell it all this time round would you let me know please, the price is great.

Thanks, Robin.

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
So sorry to hear that you've had a prang Robin. Were you OK mate ?

Was it cosmetic damage only to the bike or is it too early to tell until you get the assessors report?

Hope all gets sorted out real quick and you are back on two wheels soon.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sadly I was knocked off of my Tornado yesterday morning damaging most of the fairing, front, back and sides!!!!
If the insurance company let me buy the bike back, I would really like to buy your full set. It may however take a little while to sort out.
I will give the insurance company a call in the meantime to find out their policy on this.
If you dont sell it all this time round would you let me know please, the price is great.

Thanks, Robin.
Hi Robin,
Sorry to hear about your off. Was it local?
Sorry I haven`t been in touch since our PM`s but family illness is taking priority at the mo:(
Hope the insurance company pull their fingers out and get it sorted soon for you,
Dave

·
Registered
34 Posts
Day after

Thanks for asking Laurence/ Dave.
Well it could have been worse!!! Carted off to A&E on a spinal board with neck collar and then x-ray`d from groin to head. If I was`nt already sterile I definitely am now!

Cuts and bruises on my left side, a tiny view of my shiny arm bone through a missing plug of skin (yuk!) but today my right sides really stiffening up, currently neck and low ribs. Otherwise perfect I think?

The bike was absolutely stunning pre-accident, pristine and gorgeous. Now the damage looks considerable, at least cosmetically. The guy in the Transit pick up was in a lane with arrows showing left turn only. He didn't know the area and instead of turning left went straight across and swiped me off!!! Bugger, bugger, bugger!!!! Happened on the outskirts of Horsham a road I know very well.

If the insurer's let me buy the bike back, I will get it back on the road, hence the desire for the fairing, born out of hopeful anticipation.

I will let you know, but the brief affair I did have the Tornado was getting more and more enjoyable, I can see why you all love `em!

Regards, Robin.

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
The bike can get repaired or replaced Robin, the main thing is it sounds as though you got off lightly, as it could have been a whole lot worse.

I'm guessing that if the insurance company take the retail cost of replacing all those panels, they will probably end up writing the bike off.

I hate to say it, but it has been known that if you are persistent, these bikes can be worth more in insurance payouts than what you can sell them for.

Now where did I put that 4lb hammer? :rolling:

·
903 Posts
sorry to hear the news!

:hiya: Robin, we wondered where you had got too! When we met I said that your bike was in mint condition, guess I put the kiss of fate on her!!!:doh:

I am glad you are not too badly hurt and sorry to hear you pride & joy is poorly.:bawl: Give me a ring soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Lloyd, apologies for not letting you know sooner, unavoidably detained so to speak.:rolling: Actually I cant do that it would hurt too much, how about :ele: nope still too painful.

Anyway the bike should be with you in Edenbridge for an insurance assessment very soon I hope. Very good to meet with you. Robin.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Robin

I spoke with Lloyd the other day and he told me bout you 'incident'

Well I hope you mend pretty soon and that you aint suffering with the injuries too much (unlike Lloyd !)

Hope you get the Nelli sorted or enough payout to get another :ele:

Take care

Kurt

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Sorry to hear of the 'off' Robin. I take it the van was white, the driver was too busy oggling the breasts on the days issue of the Daily Star, whilst eating a mars bar, pouring a coffee out of his flash, answering his phone (not using hands free) and checking directions on his Sat Nav all at the same time!

Sorry for the expletive.... but F***ing Muppet!

Hope your back on two round bits of rubber soon!

Andy:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Kurt, I wasn't sure you were communicating with me anymore after I momentarily competed for the TV celebrity spot.:D

I met Lloyd last week for the first time at Red Dog Edenbridge and was truly impressed by his determination to keep riding and what a really nice guy.

Physically I did get away lightly by comparison to Lloyd, but I do feel incredibly pissed off with my recent spell of bad luck!:( plus being bikeless (except for my old Laverda), just when the beautiful Benelli was sorted!!

Onwards and upwards I tell the wife. Onwards and upwards!!!

Robin.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that. Hope all gets settled soon.

About the sale, I only sell this as 1 lot, not selling any fairing pieces separately.

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fairing

I had the bike looked over by Red Dog today and they estimate it being written off. Very sad as absolutely stunning condition pre-accident.

I have spoken with my insurers and if they too write it off then there is a chance I can buy it back. Having spent so much and getting it just right I will endeavour to do so.

If your full fairing is still available and I get the go ahead, then I will gratefully buy it as every bloody panel has some damage!!!!!

Can we keep in touch Mr. Fuel?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts