Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My services fuse keeps going out. Thing is that it goes out only when I apply my brakes. :bawl: I know that many systems share that circuit. If anyone has any ideas...Shoot...

Also, Could some one check the fuse compliment on the TnT. I need to know the correct fuse rating the bikes are supposed to have. My bikes fuses have different ratings compared to the one in the workshop manual

·
1,841 Posts
Ok,while you are waiting for tnters,does the fuse blow as soon as the brake light is powered ? What fuse rating do you have fitted ? have you got a dc amp meter?
COLIN.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

I diagnosed a little today. Seems that my right brake light has a short somewhere. When I unplug both brake lights (brake light harnesses are on the inside of the rear frame) fom their harness, the bikes service fuse is fine. Once I plug in the right brake light and test the brakes the fuse (bike came with a 15a) blows. If I plug in the left brake light by itself, the 15a service doesn't blow. So the culprit is the right brake light...:mad:

I would still like for someone to check out their fuse rating layout, preferably an '07 or newer.:D

·
1,841 Posts
Ahh good you found where the prob is,I would guess the 15 amp is correct and the wiring is modified from earlier ones with 10 amp service fuse.Like you say best if a 07 tnter has a look at there fuse ratings.
colin..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Fuses

The fuses on my 08 CR on the left hand side of bike is a 30 amp fuse
then under the saddle LOOKING TOWARDS the front of the bike
Fuses from left-right are 20amp-15amp-15amp-15amp-10amp-5amp
Hope this helps you out

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Check inside the actual light I had similar on my 05 TNT the wire going to the top terminal had frayed and was shorting, also if you have washed it a few times the lights (including the indicators) are about as waterproof as a sponge and could be corroded.

Terry

·
Registered
598 Posts
figured it out?

Have you figured out what this is yet? I'm having a similar problem. Retracing my steps it seems as if the fuse blows while applying the brakes with the right turn signal on.
I also noticed my bike dies when I turn the high beams on using the push button switch but not the pass trigger.
I think it's all related to a short inside the control switch on the left handle. The mechanic has it now. Hopefully not too much longer...

·
2004 TNT Owner
1,670 Posts
Thanks for the tip... I have washed it a few times ∞..:rolling:
Distracted Rider,
That might be the cause!:bow:
My wife's bought me a dry-wash system for cleaning and polishing the bike, and for the engine, the old reliable Armourall works a treat, as well as helping to ensure the grime falls off!:clap:
Just make sure there's lots of newspaper around to catch the excess, or you could slip and break your neck!:bawl:
WD-40 and Silicone Waterproofing-Spray are also great for preventing electrical problems.
An ounce of prevention is worth a 'kilo':rolling: of cure!
Cheers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts